Egg Salad with Green Onions & Horseradish Mustard
Eggs are an amazing food. There are some great nutritional benefits to eggs as they contain vitamin A, D, B6, B12, folic acid, zinc, and calcium. Over the years, they have gotten some bad rep, from "is it good or bad cholesterol" hype to commercial factory farms. I personally love eggs and have learned how to decipher what the different egg labels mean. Plus, I have a neighbor who occasionally graces me with fresh eggs from their backyard chickens. I am always looking for different ways to enjoy eggs, and while this recipe may not be the healthiest on the egg menu, it’s one of my favorites.
- 8 hardboiled Eggs
- 1/4 tsp. All Season Salt
- 1/4 tsp. smoked Paprika, (Can substitute regular paprika)
- 1 tbs. Horseradish Mustard
- 2 or 3 green Onions, (Scallions)
- 1 tsp. Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil Mayonnaise
- Dash of Pepper, to taste
- Hard boil your eggs (I use an egg cooker because it saves time and is super easy to get perfect hardboiled eggs every time). Immediately place your eggs in an ice water bath to quickly cool them. This will also prevent overcooking the yolks. Rest them in the water for about 10 minutes before peeling to ensure they are cooled.
- Chop eggs and green onions. Add to small-medium sized bowl. Add the spices: season salt, dried dill, and smoked paprika. Add olive oil mayonnaise, horseradish mustard, and lemon juice. The lemon juice is optional, but I think it adds a nice brightness to the salad.
- Fold ingredients together taking care to mix everything well. Add pepper to taste. This recipe makes about four egg salad sandwiches. I love this egg salad on toasted whole-grain bread with tomatoes and lettuce. Enjoy!
© 2016 The Renegade Hippie