How to Make Egg Salad With Vinaigrette Salad Dressing (No Mayo!)
Egg salad is a popular appetizer or side dish that is made with hard-boiled eggs. Typically, this salad is made with mayonnaise, but I prefer to use my homemade vinaigrette. This easy-to-make recipe can be served as an anytime snack or as a delicious starter to a meal. This is absolutely one of the quickest salads that you can make at home.
Egg Salad Ingredients
- 1 hard-boiled egg, grated
- 2 tablespoons diced tomato
- 1 tablespoon diced onion
- 1 tablespoon vinaigrette (recipe below)
- spring onions, chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 tablespoon white sugar
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 large bowl
- 3 small bowls
- 2 spoons (optional)
- measuring spoons
- Mix egg, onion, and tomato in a bowl.
- Drizzle vinaigrette on top of the salad.
- Toss all of the ingredients. Top with optional spring onions.
- Serve immediately.
Tips and Techniques
- Adjust the amount of onion and tomato if desired.
- Serve the vinaigrette on the side if preferred.
- Do not immediately mix the vinaigrette dressing into the salad to maintain the quality of the dish.
- Increase the amount of sugar to make the vinaigrette sweeter.
- Adding spring onions makes the salad more flavorful and also adds a nice texture, as well.
© 2018 Dred Cuan