How to Make Special Eggplant Omelet With Ground Chicken
This eggplant dish consists of grilled and peeled eggplant that is mixed with beaten eggs and then fried in a pan. I decided to turn this simple eggplant omelet into something special by adding some vegetables and ground meat. Try this special eggplant omelet with ground chicken, and enjoy something different for your breakfast meal.
- 1 large plate
- 3 medium bowls
- 4 small bowls
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Chopping board
- Pan grill
- Frying pan
- Cooking spoon
- 3 eggplants, cooked and peeled
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup chicken, ground
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup tomato, chopped
- 1 teaspoon spring onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Cooking oil
- Cook the whole eggplants in a griller or a pan grill.
- Once cooked, allow the eggplants to cool down before peeling them.
- While waiting for the eggplants, saute garlic for few seconds and add ground chicken. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the bell pepper first and then followed by tomato.
- Taste the mixture. Adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Turn off the heat. Mix in spring onions. Transfer to a bowl.
- Prepare the peeled eggplant, beaten seasoned eggs, and meat mixture in separate bowls.
- Submerge one piece of eggplant into the bowl of egg. Press spoonful of meat mixture on top.
- Heat the frying pan with a small amount of oil.
- Carefully transfer the eggplant mixture into the pan. Add more meat mixture and egg if needed. Cook both sides.
- Continue cooking the rest of the eggplant.
- Serve it with ketchup or any preferred condiments.
Tips and Techniques
- Saute vegetable and meat mixture first before adding it to ensure that all ingredients are well cooked.
- Replace ground chicken with any meat of your preference.
- Remove the top portion of the eggplant to make the omelet look like a patty.
- When the eggplant has been properly grilled, the skin should peel easily.
- Check to make sure there are no parasites or worms inside the eggplants while you are mashing them.
Other Delicious Omelet Recipes
- How to Make Cheesy Omelet With Chorizo and Spring Onions
The creaminess and saltiness of the cheese, the sweetness of the chorizo and the pungency of the spring onions add exciting flavors to your favorite breakfast meal. Try this easy to make recipe at home.
- How to Make Water Spinach and Mushroom Omelet
Do you love omelets for breakfast? I do! They're a great source of protein, and so delicious, too. Today, I will teach you one of the most popular omelet recipes that I make onboard our cruise ship.
Questions & Answers
© 2018 Travel Chef