How to Make Egg Mayo Sandwiches
Egg Mayo Sandwich - With Step by Step Instructions
This egg mayonnaise sandwich recipe is quick and easy to make.
The ingredients are for a full tray, but can be adjusted to make just one egg mayo sandwich or only a few.
When I give a step by step guide for one of my recipes I always use my own photos. I believe it creates an honest and straight forward article that tells and shows how to create these wonderful recipes.
Egg Mayo Sandwiches
- Ten large eggs
- Twenty pieces of sliced bread; white or brown
- Put the eggs gently into cold water and boil for seven minutes.
- The water should cover the tops of the eggs.
- Add a couple of pinches of salt to the water as this will stop the eggs from cracking in the hot water.
Peel The Egg Shells
- When boiled for seven minutes leave in hot water for a further two minutes.
- Pour out the hot water and add the cooked eggs to a bowl of cold water.
- Remove the shells from the eggs.
- If this is sometimes difficult dip the egg back into the cold water and continue to strip all the shells from the eggs
- Mash up the boiled eggs with a fork.
- First do this roughly into big pieces.
- Then continue to use the fork to make the boiled eggs into smaller pieces suitable for the egg mayo sandwiches.
Add the Fresh Parsley
Fresh parsley straight from a parsley plant really makes a difference with the taste of these egg mayonnaise sandwiches.
You can grow them in your own garden or buy a plant at the supermarket and leave it to grow in the pot in a sunny position in your kitchen.
If you can not get fresh parsley you can use the dried packets too.
- Remove a bunch of the parsley from the plant and cut away the storks.
- Chop up the parsley into smaller pieces.
- The amount and size of the chopped parsley depends on your own preference.
- I prefer to leave the parsley large enough so that it is clearly visible in the sandwich.
- This also brings out the fresh taste of this wonderful herb.
- Mix it well into the eggs in the bowl.
- Take a few large spoons of mayonnaise and put them into the bowl.
- The amount will again depend on your taste.
I like to use a lot of mayonnaise because it brings the ingredients together and makes for a tastier sandwich.
- The eggs should be moist and wet once everything is mixed.
- You can at this stage add some salt but only very little as the eggs do not really need that much to flavour it.
- Cover the bowl with cling film and leave in the fridge for thirty minutes.
- Butter your bread.
- Remove the egg mayonnaise from the fridge.
- Spread the mixture on the bread to make the sandwich.
- Cut the egg mayo sandwich in to triangles.
- Place on a large covered tray.
- Decorate with chopped up fresh parsley.
- Leave in fridge until needed.
Egg Mayonnaise Sandwiches
Egg Mayo Sandwiches
As you can see from this step by step guide the very popular egg mayo sandwich is quick and easy to make and delicious to eat.
I have included my own photos as I prepared this recipe so you can see how easy it is to make these Egg Mayonnaise Sandwiches.
So next time you are organising a party at home why not add the Egg Mayonnaise sandwich to your party food. Your guests will thank you
All Images are the copyright of L.M.Reid
More by this Author
Best Scones Recipe. How To Make Scone Recipes with step by step instructions and photos.
Homemade Hamburger Recipe. How To Make the Best Hamburgers Recipes.
Lamb Chops Recipe. How to cook Cauliflower Cheese.. Step by step instructions with photos