How to Make Egg Mayo Filling Sandwiches
The Best Egg Mayonnaise Sandwiches
This recipe for egg mayo is quick and easy to make.
Adding the mayonnaise to the eggs makes a very tasty creamy filling.
Step by step instructions with videos and photos.
The ingredients are for a full tray, but can be adjusted to make just one egg mayonnaise sandwich or only a few.
- Ten large eggs
- Twenty pieces of sliced bread; white or brown
- Put the eggs gently into cold water and boil for seven minutes.
- The water should cover the tops of the eggs.
- Add a couple of pinches of salt to the water as this will stop the eggs from cracking in the hot water.
- When boiled for seven minutes leave in hot water for a further two minutes.
- Pour out the hot water and add the cooked eggs to a bowl of cold water.
- Remove the shells from the eggs.
- If this is sometimes difficult dip the egg back into the cold water and continue to strip all the shells from the eggs.
- Mash up the boiled eggs with a fork.
- First do this roughly into big pieces.
- Then continue to use the fork to make the boiled eggs into smaller pieces suitable for the egg mayo sandwiches.
Fresh parsley straight from a parsley plant really makes a difference with the taste
You can grow them in your own garden or buy a plant at the supermarket and leave it to grow in the pot in a sunny position in your kitchen.
If you can not get fresh parsley you can use the dried packets too.
- Remove a bunch of the parsley from the plant and cut away the storks.
- Chop up the parsley into smaller pieces.
- The amount and size of the chopped parsley depends on your own preference.
- I prefer to leave the parsley large enough so that it is clearly visible in the sandwich.
- This also brings out the fresh taste of this wonderful herb.
- Mix it well into the eggs in the bowl.
- Take a few large spoons of mayonnaise and put them into the bowl.
- The amount will again depend on your taste.
- The eggs should be moist and wet once everything is mixed.
- You can at this stage add some salt but only very little as the eggs do not really need that much to flavour it.
- Cover the bowl with cling film and leave in the fridge for thirty minutes.
How to Make An Egg Sandwich at Home
Egg Mayo Sandwiches
- Butter your bread.
- Remove the egg mayonnaise from the fridge.
- Spread the mixture on the bread to make the sandwich.
- Cut the egg mayo sandwich in to triangles.
- Place on a large covered tray.
- Decorate with chopped up fresh parsley.
- Leave in fridge until needed.