I am a food enthusiast and am always trying new recipes. I love to garden, get crafty, and read a good book!
Cheesy Scrambled Eggs
This recipe makes creamy, light, fluffy scrambled eggs that have an awesome consistency thanks to the Velveeta cheese and chopped tomatoes. You can follow this recipe without adding the tomato and avocado, but the flavors are just incredible when you add these two ingredients.
If Velveeta isn't your cheese preference, feel free to substitute another type of cheese. I have had great luck, for example, using shredded cheddar. But there's something about how the Velveeta melts and has such a smooth texture that can't be beaten!
Read More From Delishably
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/2 avocado, cubed
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- Crack the eggs in a bowl and add milk. Using a fork, break the yolks and beat the eggs until they are combined with the milk.
- Add cheese and garlic powder to the egg and milk mixture. Stir to combine.
- Meanwhile, heat a nonstick pan over medium heat. Melt butter in the pan and then add scrambled egg mixture to the pan.
- As eggs begin to cook, gently stir from the edges of the pan and gently fold the scrambled eggs in toward the center of the pan. The key to light and fluffy eggs is to gently fold them in on themselves and not stir them up to aggressively.
- Continue stirring every few minutes until the cheese has melted and the eggs are fully cooked.
- While eggs finish cooking, slice tomatoes into halves or quarters, and cube the avocado.
- When the eggs are cooked to your liking, place them in a bowl and top with tomato, avocado, salt, and pepper. Feel free to add hot sauce or other toppings of your choosing.
What did you think?
© 2019 Lisa Bean