3 Scrumptious Desserts: Banana Pudding, Punch Bowl Cake, and Tiramisu Recipes
Luscious Banana Pudding Recipe
I must confess I have a sweet tooth! I especially love desserts. These desserts are great for any occasion. The banana pudding and punch bowl cake are easy to make but, the tiramisu will take a little more time. However, it is worth the extra time once you take a bite of it and taste the amazing blend of flavors!
This banana pudding is made scrumptious by using Pecan Sandies cookies, cream cheese, and cool whip. These ingredients make an ordinary banana pudding into a rich, creamy and luscious dessert! My husband loves the Pecan Sandies cookies, so this is a special treat for him. There will definitely be no leftovers of this to die for banana pudding!
Ingredients for Banana Pudding
- 1 package Pecan Sandies cookies (pecan, shortbread cookie)
- 3-ounces instant French vanilla pudding mix
- 3-ounces instant banana pudding mix
- 1 ¾ cups milk
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 8-ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 8-ounces of Cool Whip
Instructions for Making Banana Pudding
- Mix up the French vanilla pudding and banana pudding in two separate bowls using ¼ cup less milk than the directions gives.
- In a glass dish layer the whole pecan cookies covering the bottom of the dish.
- In the dish place a layer of the French vanilla pudding, a layer of the sliced bananas, and a layer of the banana pudding. Repeat the layers until the puddings, bananas, and cookies are gone.
- Top with the creamed mixture of cream cheese, sugar, and Cool Whip.
- Makes 8 servings.
Punch Bowl Cake Recipe
Looking for a quick, dessert that can be casual or elegant, look no further!
This stunning punch bowl cake will be a winner every time! Do not plan on having any take home; it will all be gone!
You may buy a store-bought angel food cake, but I buy the angel food box mix and bake it myself, I think it makes it even yummier!
Ingredients for Punch Bowl Cake
- 1 angel food cake, baked
- 8-ounces cream cheese, softened
- 5-ounces evaporated milk
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3-ounce box strawberry Jello
- 16-ounces frozen strawberries
- Cool Whip or heavy whipped cream
Instructions for Making Punch Bowl Cake
- Tear the angel food cake into small pieces, place it into the punch bowl.
- Mix the cream cheese, evaporated milk and one-half cup of the sugar.
- Leave the cream cheese curdled (in pieces or lumpy).
- Pour over pieces of angel food cake.
- Mix one cup of sugar, one cup of water and three tablespoons cornstarch.
- Cook until thick and clear.
- Add the strawberry Jello, let cool.
- Add strawberries.
- Pour over angel food cake pieces.
- Top with Cool Whip or heavy whipped cream whipped with ½ cup of sugar.
- May top with fresh strawberries if you desire.
- Chill for several hours before serving.
Awesome Cake Stand or Punch Bowl!
Video Recipe Making Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars
Do you Crave Sweets?
Do you have a sweet tooth?
Classic Tiramisu Recipe
This is a creamy Italian dessert made with ladyfingers soaked in Kahlua and espresso and layered with mascarpone, a rich cream cheese.
I love the coffee flavor in just about anything! Maybe because I get a caffeine rush!
Tiramisu can be made a few days ahead of time, it will make it even better. No Kahlua in the house try Creme de Cacas; it is delicious too or omit the liqueur and is still really good.
The ladyfingers may be replaced with a pound cake, sponge cake or angel food cake or choose whatever you desire.
If you are looking to reduce calories, use part-skim ricotta instead of mascarpone. This elegant and yummy dessert will pair with any meal.
Ingredients for Tiramisu
- 4 eggs, separated
- 16-ounces mascarpone or ricotta cheese, mascarpone is preferred
- 16-ounces ladyfingers
- 2-3 cups espresso
- 6 tablespoons Kahlua
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1-ounce dark chocolate or 1-ounce cocoa powder, for garnish
Instructions for Making Tiramisu
- Brew 2-3 cups of espresso or very strong coffee.
- Allow the coffee to cool completely and stir in the liqueur.
- Separate the eggs, placing the egg whites in a smaller bowl and the egg yolks in a larger bowl.
- Beat the egg white with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Do not overbeat. Set aside.
- Add the sugar to the egg yolks and beat until well blended.
- Then, add the mascarpone or ricotta; beat until creamy and well blended.
- Fold the egg whites into the cheese mixture.
- In a flat container large enough to hold one ladyfinger, pour the coffee mixture. Start with about 1/4 to 1/2 of an inch deep of coffee.
- As you soak each ladyfinger in the coffee, place them in a line in a 13-inch x 9-inch pan. If the ladyfingers do not fit, trim them to fit.
- When you have the one layer, spread half of the cheese mixture evenly over it and place the second layer of soaked ladyfingers over the cheese mixture.
- Top with the remaining cheese mixture.
- Garnishes by sprinkling sifted cocoa powder over the cake or grated dark chocolate.
- Place the tiramisu in the fridge and wait for at least six hours before serving.
Makes 10 servings.
Tips From Margie Lynn
- This recipe freezes well.
- To save calories, replace mascarpone with ricotta.
Layering Ladyfingers in Pan
© 2018 Margie's Southern Kitchen