A Light Twist on Banana Pudding
A little piece of my childhood
I remember as a kid that my mom would make banana pudding. It was one of the many things she enjoyed making, along with banana bread. Don't worry, I will make that for you guys too! This is my twist on a classic recipe. I hope you enjoy it.
- 1 small box Banana cream pudding
- 1 small box French vanilla pudding
- 2 cups Milk
- 8 oz Whipped cream, thawed
- 1 box Vanilla wafer
- 3 Bananas
Chill and Prep Time
- First things first. Gather all your supplies. You will need a three large bowls, a measuring cup, preferably a whisk, and a spatula.
- For your ingredients you will need 1 small box of banana cream pudding, 1 small box of French vanilla pudding, 2 cups milk, 8 oz of thawed whipped cream, vanilla wafers, and bananas.
- In a large bowl, you will whisk your banana cream pudding with 2 cups milk. Or prepare it how your box says. Whisk it for about 5 minutes or until it starts to thicken. Then put it in the fridge for about 1 hr.
- Once your pudding gets close to that hour marker get a large bowl and fold the French vanilla pudding in with the whipped cream.
- Continue to fold your whipped cream mix in with the banana cream pudding. If you stir it in it will break down the whipped cream and you don't want that. Once you fold everything together put the mix back in the fridge to chill while you move onto the next step.
- While your mix is in the fridge prep a bowl to build your amazing dessert. Grab your vanilla wafers and bananas. I used 3 bananas. Honestly, you can use as many or as little as you would like. Cut your bananas about 1/2 - 1 inch pieces.
- Layer your bowl. I prefer to layer with the Vanilla Wafers first. Because I like to let the pudding soak into the cookies. I'm weird like that though. You can layer yours however you prefer. I did wafers, pudding, bananas, wafers, pudding, bananas, wafers, pudding, and a wafer and bananas on top to make it look creative. I also put wafers around the side to give it a little character. Layer it how you like. Get creative with it. Make it your own.
- Once you've layered everything put it in the fridge for a few hours until it sets or until you can't resist and must eat it.
- Share with your friends and family! They'll love you for it.
How to get it doneClick thumbnail to view full-size
Questions & Answers
© 2017 Rosemarie