Barbara writes about the things she loves. Her hobbies include gardening, crochet, reading the Bible, cooking, and home remedies.
This cake is just beyond description. It is so good. I brought it to a family dinner, and I wanted to bring some home. They ate all of it, so no leftovers for me.
This apple cake recipe with topping is the perfect dessert to choose from. It has its own topping, so you won't need frosting. The apple cake would make a perfect dessert with any meal.
Be sure to choose a good cooking apple. Some apples are better for cooking and others for fresh eating. The best to choose are those that are good for both.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
1 hour 15 min
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 2 cups flour
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla
- 4 cups thinly sliced, cored raw apples
- ½ c brown sugar
- ½ c chopped nuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Mix eggs, sugar, and oil together.
Read More From Delishably
3. In a separate bowl mix salt, cinnamon, soda and flour.
4. Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture.
5. Add in vanilla and apples and blend. Use a large mixing spoon. This mixture can be stiff.
6. Pour into a 13 x 9” baking pan.
7. Mix the brown sugar and nuts and sprinkle over the top of cake.
8. Bake for approximately 1 hour.
9. When cool, it may be served with whipped topping, but taste good alone. It is good with ice cream too.
© 2010 Barbara Badder