Renz has been a local food blogger in the Philippines for almost 8 years. He enjoys sharing his passion for food with others.
For a guy who does not how to bake, Breville is a hero! I was able to bake my first brownies using this wonderful baking equipment. And they all tasted so good! Now, I'm going to share with you how I made the delightful desserts using this magnificent piece of metal.
My mom decided to buy a Breville Bread Maker BBM600 some months ago. She said it would be a new addition to her collection of cooking and baking equipment. Like most mothers do, she asked me to browse through the manual so I could tell her how to operate the machine, and so I did. As I was reading through, I learned that it could also be used to bake some brownies (aside from making dough for pasta and pizza, jams, cakes, etc). So, I asked my mom if I could try the machine out and bake some brownies. Without any hesitation, she allowed me to do it (probably because she wanted to see how to use it first before she herself try to do it).
Anyway, since I got really excited as much as my mother did, I tried to document my first trial. And I can't believe that it never turned to a fiasco. It was all perfect! Now, let me tell you how I baked my first brownies!
- 1 pack (566g) of Triple Chocolate Brownie Mix (which I've bought in a local store), I was able to find it in ebay, and it's the one on the right. And yes, it works well with the Breville Breadmaker.
- 1 egg
- 1/3 Cup of Vegetable Oil (e.g. Corn oil)
- 1/3 Cup of Water
Read More From Delishably
- We first pour the oil and water in the pan (this is provided along with the Breville Bread Maker BBM600).
- Next, we pour the mixture into the pan.
- This is followed by adding the egg along with the other ingredients. You don't need to mix them up, Breville will be the one to do it for you. Put the pan inside the bread maker machine.
- Upon punching in the correct settings (the settings depend upon the mix you've purchased) which includes the temperature (for this one it's 117 degrees Celsius), the baking time (90 minutes for the one I made), the kneading time, etc., we press the start button.
- The magic will be done for you! Wait for the whole process to finish. All you need to do is to wait. It has a built-in timer so you would know when it will be completely baked. You may check it once in a while, it has a built-in light inside the oven, you'll just turn it on to see the progress.
- After the timer expires, it will create a beeping sound to alert you that the baking process is finished. Wait for about 3 minutes for the brownie to fully settle, and then take the pan out of the oven. Let it cool off for 10 minutes before cutting them into pieces.
- This is the best part! Serve the brownies and enjoy each of them! There are two ways of enjoying them, one is eating the brownies while they are warm, and the other one is eating them cool (place them in the refrigerator for an hour). But, surely you'll enjoy both ways!
Snapshots of Each Procedure
Make a Brownie Business
Baking brownies is made is easier with this bread-making machine! That's a sweet idea! But here's a more delightful idea, why not do a brownie-business?
Now that baking brownies is right at your fingertips, you can bake may of them in a breeze. Buy some decent packaging, put some colorful ribbons, add a label onto it, and voila. You have an instant product. My younger brother already took this suggestion and sold the succeeding brownies we baked in his school to raise more money for their prom. And he profited well. Sweet and delightful, isn't it?
© 2012 Renz Kristofer Cheng