Chris enjoys baking, cooking, grilling, and experimenting in general. Come enjoy these delicious morsels, learn something, and have fun.
It All Started With a Facebook Recipe
This breakfast cookie started off from a Facebook recipe. We thought they were good, but not outstanding. Our daughter thought they were delicious, though; she and her friends ate them all in just two days at school lunch. I decided I wanted to tinker with the recipe to see if I could sweeten the flavor a little and possibly make them a little lighter.
I failed to make the cookies lighter, but I did make them sweeter by adding cranberries and increasing the amount of the orange zest. Also, the consistency of the new batch was outstanding. I let the batter sit for about 30 minutes after mixing all of the ingredients, which allowed the oatmeal to absorb more moisture. I also cut the baking time, relative to the original recipe.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Read More From Delishably
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup cinnamon applesauce
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds, salted and roasted
- 1/3 cup cranberries, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 egg
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Combine and mix bananas, almond milk, vanilla, applesauce, and egg.
- Combine cinnamon, dried cranberries, raisins, orange zest, and sunflower seeds into the above mixture.
- Combine and stir quick cooking oats into the mixture.
- Let stand for 30 minutes and pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Place cookies onto non-stick pan surface in large tablespoon scoops and flatten with a fork.
- Bake for 13 minutes and let stand for several minutes after removal from stove.
Enjoy Your Cookies
I hope you enjoy these breakfast cookies. I think they are better than the previous version, and my wife enjoyed them more, as well. The review is out with my daughter, but I noticed that she and the neighborhood girls grabbed some when leaving for school today. Enjoy and have a great day!
© 2018 Chris Andrews