I love making simple and tasty recipes that everyone can enjoy.
My grandmother passed this recipe down to me when I started my own family. She made the creamiest, most fabulous cheesecakes for church and for every potluck dinner. Years later, as the cook of the family, this is what I make. So if you want this easy recipe for an elegant dessert (for any occasion), this is the one. Perhaps it will become your specialty too!
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 8 oz sweetened whipped cream
- 1/3 cup lemon or lime juice
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- One of two important steps in this recipe is to leave the cream cheese out at room temperature for a couple of hours. It will become soft and smooth, making it easier to create a smooth texture when you combine ingredients. Unsoftened cream cheese will leave lumps. To test the texture, see if the cream cheese will spread easily with a spatula.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except lemon/lime juice. Use a hand mixer on low speed to blend well, for about two minutes. The second important step is to add lemon or lime juice last. The citrus will begin to harden the mixture almost immediately.
- Pour mixture into the waiting graham cracker crust. For a gluten-free alternative, use muffin cups.
- Refrigerate for 1 1/2 hours. Serve chilled.
- Serves 16.
Read More From Delishably
Pour and Chill
Delicious and Beautiful Additions
To make this recipe your own, there are several things you can change or add:
- Chocolate cookie crust instead of graham. Incorporate a few crumbled Oreo cookies into the batter. Pour into a prepared chocolate cookie crust and top with a few whole or halved cookies.
- Fresh strawberries, with or without glaze. Cut a few strawberries into quarters and place them in a Ziploc bag. Gently whack the bag against a counter a few times to release the juices. Add a little vanilla and pour berries onto cheesecake before serving.
- Key lime juice. This will produce a tart cheesecake. For an even tarter flavor, reduce the amount of sweetened whipped cream.
Enjoy Your Cheesecake!
Add your own personal touches or keep it simple. Everyone loves this recipe, and it is so easy to prepare. My sister-in-law is allergic to most food colorings, and this was the first cheesecake she was able to eat. If you are avoiding fat, use fat-free cream cheese and whipped cream.
© 2011 kaiyan717