Welcome to Rose's Flours! Here I will share some of my family's best recipes and I'll throw in a few of my favorites, too.
I love brownies! But I don't always want to run to the store, or sometimes I just don't want the pre-mixed stuff. If you love a good chewy brownie and love to bake, then this made-from-scratch recipe is for you. Even if you don't normally make it from scratch, I dare you to try this recipe at least once. You'll never want that boxed stuff again.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
2 dozen brownies
- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup or 1 1/2 sticks butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 F. Grease/spray a 13x9 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl you will need to mix the sugar, butter, and water.
- After you finish mixing sugar mixture, add in the eggs and vanilla. Set that bowl aside.
- In a medium sized bowl you will need to mix the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
- Fold the dry mixture in the large bowl with the sugar mixture. If you decide you want nuts (totally optional) now is the time to add them. FYI—Use a bigger spatula to fold in the mix. All I had was a tiny spatula and it definitely made it much more difficult than it needed to be.
- Spread your brownie mix into your prepared baking pan.
- Bake anywhere from 18–25 minutes. Every oven is different and some need a longer bake time than others. Mine seemed to do great at 20 minutes. You will want to make sure your brownies are done by poking it with a toothpick. If the toothpick comes out clean then you're golden.
- Cool the delicious brownies completely. Or if you're daring, eat it while it's still warm. ;) If you like powdered sugar by all means dust some on top. This recipe will make 2 dozen brownies.
© 2017 Rosemarie
Rosemarie (author) from Ohio on November 19, 2017:
Lake Kew on November 16, 2017:
This recipe is very helpful :) I need to make 2 dozen brownies tomorrow at school. I'm glad this recipe acctually tells how much it makes :)