The Best Easy, No-Bake Cheesecake Recipe
Easy No-Bake Cheesecake Recipe
Our family loves cheesecake—cherry, strawberry, blueberry, even huckleberry, whenever they can talk Mom into making one. The biggest problem is that some recipes are not very chef-friendly. They take too much time, require odd ingredients, or just take too much effort.
Over the years, we have developed one of the best and easiest no-bake cheesecake recipes around. Now it is almost a staple in the house, right up there with meat and potatoes.
I'll share this recipe with you, but only if you promise not to have it for every meal.
- 2 envelopes Knox gelatine, unflavored
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 packages cream cheese, 8 ounces each
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 graham cracker pie crust, (store-bought or see recipe below)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 can pie filling, of your choice
Should You Make a Graham Cracker Pie Crust?
Yes you can buy one of those rock-hard, tasteless things in an aluminum foil pie tin, but I strongly suggest that you make your own graham cracker crust. It isn't difficult and it will be far superior to anything you can buy in the store. Give it a try just one time and see if you don't agree.
No-Bake Cheesecake Instructions
- Beat the cream cheese and vanilla together on medium speed in a large bowl until creamy.
- Place gelatin and sugar in a small bowl; mix thoroughly and set aside.
- Bring the water to a boil, then add it to the gelatin-sugar mixture and stir for 5 minutes or until the gelatin has completely dissolved.
- Immediately add this sugar-gelatin-water mix to the cream cheese and blend thoroughly. Mix on medium speed until smooth and lump free.
- By this time, the mixture will have cooled considerably; pour it into the pie crust.
- Refrigerate 3 hours until firm, or overnight. Top with a canned pie filling as desired. While the cheesecake is good without any addition, it is even better with some kind of topping added. Cherry, strawberry, and blueberry are our favorites, but if you can find or make a huckleberry topping, it will be heaven.
What's your favority cheesecake topping?
Other Dessert Suggestions
Of course, cheesecake isn't the only dessert recipe possible, it just seems like it sometimes. Some options that might take it's place at least once a month or so:
- No-Bake Banana Split Pie. Probably the richest pie I've ever had, and one of the easiest to make as well. This one is a necessity at our own holiday dinners.
- Peaches and Pecan Pie An absolutely delicious pie. It takes a little more effort than either cheesecake, but it is worth it.
- Garden Peach Cake This moist, fruity cake falls into the category of one of the best desserts around. Something to try out one day when looking for something different.
Questions & Answers
© 2012 Dan Harmon