The Best Oreo Cheesecake Recipe
This is a recipe for an Oreo cheesecake, one of the quick and easy desserts I like to to make. It is best to make this the day before, so that it has ample time to cool. If you are making it the same day, then allow at least three hours to cool.
- 16 Oreo cookies crushed
- 3 tbsp. melted butter
- 1 8 ounce package of Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 can Eagle brand condensed milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup of sugar (optional)
- 6 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 6 Oreo cookies, chopped or crushed
First, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Making the Crust:
- Put the 16 Oreo cookies into a gallon-sized plastic bag and remove all the air before sealing it. Crush them by using a rolling pin. It is important to crush the cookies until there are no large pieces remaining.
- Place in a mixing bowl with the 3 tbsp. of melted butter and mix thoroughly. Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch spring form pan.
2. Making the Filling:
- Place the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in a mixing bowl and mix with an electric hand mixer until well blended.
- Add the condensed milk and continue to mix until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the 6 crushed Oreo cookies and mix for a few seconds until combined. Pour over the crust.
- Omit the sugar if you want a more traditional cheesecake taste. The sugar helps the Oreos to blend into the recipe better, but some people prefer not to use the sugar in this recipe because it makes the cheesecake very sweet.
3. Baking the Cheesecake
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes. The cooking time will vary, depending on your oven so it is a good idea to check it at 30 minutes to make sure it doesn’t overcook.
- Cool the cheesecake in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.
- Sprinkle with 6 crushed or chopped Oreo cookies just before serving.
Note: You can make a regular cheesecake using this recipe by removing the Oreo cookies from the filling and topping and substituting graham crackers for Oreos when making the crust.