Best (and easiest) Banana Pudding
Your summer go-to dessert
Summer is full of get-togethers—July 4, family reunions, church fellowships, picnics with friends and parties on the patio. You need a dessert that will feed a crowd, leave them raving and won't take all afternoon to make. Here it is: banana pudding!
- 1 large package instant vanilla pudding
- 2 1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk (14 ounces)
- 1 container whipped topping (large)
- Sliced fresh bananas
- Vanilla wafers (Nilla Wafers are my favorite)
- Whisk together pudding mix and milk in a large bowl. Stir until there are no lumps.
- Fold in sweetened condensed milk.
- Fold in half of the container of whipped topping.
- In bottom of large bowl, place vanilla wafers, a few on bottom and around sides, depending on shape of bowl. Top with freshly sliced bananas (add as many or as few as you like).
- Pour on the pudding mixture, enough to cover the bananas and wafers.
- Continue layering. Top the last pudding layer with whipped topping. Decorate with wafers around the sides of the bowl and crushed wafer on top of the topping.
- Prepare early the day of the event or the night before and allow to chill in the fridge for several hours for flavors to meld and pudding to set.