Nikki's a working wife and mom. Her interests include family life, gardening, cooking, and music.
Birthday Cake Pie
Lately, my 4-year-old really likes to help make (and eat) dessert. He usually asks to make it right when we get home for the day from work/preschool/daycare. I love that he wants to be creative in the kitchen, but most weeknights, we have a lot on our plates (pun intended). And, with the summer we've had here in Michigan, I prefer to keep the oven off as much as possible. We came up with this fun concoction that looked pretty and tasted pretty good too. We put it together, pop it in the fridge, and by the time dinner is done, it's ready to enjoy!
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding & pie filling, the larger box
- 1 ready-made graham cracker pie crust
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon colored sprinkles
- 1 tablespoon whipped cream
- 1 maraschino cherry
- In a large bowl, whisk 3 cups of cold milk into the instant pudding for about 2 minutes.
- Put the mixture in refrigerator for about 5 minutes, until it is soft set.
- Pour the pudding into graham cracker pie crust.
- Refrigerate for about a half hour.
- Before serving, sprinkle the pie with colored sprinkles, add a dollop of whipped cream, put a cherry on top, and enjoy!