Black Forest Dump Cake
Dump cakes are becoming increasingly popular. Partly because they are so easy to make, and with so many women in the work force today, an easy and fast recipe is the way to go. You do just what it says: dump everything in the pan and bake.
Dump cakes are so delicious. You can come up with so many different combinations, and they will all be awesome. The pumpkin one I already posted is so good; I haven't served it to anyone yet that didn't love it. That's just one. So I decided to do another one.
Chocolate and cherries are one of my favorite combinations ever since I was a little girl. We used to visit my sisters who lived in New Jersey after they got married. My father would stop at the same diner all the time, and I would get a cherry crumb pie with chocolate ice cream. It has become my go-to favorite dessert combination ever since. My daughter even makes it for my birthday. So it seemed only natural that I would love Black Forest cakes and to turn it into a dump cake.
I hope you enjoy it as much as my family and I did.
- 1 (21oz.) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (15 oz.) can dark sweet cherries, undrained
- 1 (16.5 oz.) box Chocolate cake mix, Use whatever chocolate cake mix is your favorite
- 3/4 cup butter, cut into pats
- 1 (11.75 oz.) jar prepared hot fudge sauce, warmed according to directions on jar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread both cans of cherry pie filling and cherries plus the liquid evenly on the bottom of a 9 x 13" cake pan.
- Top the cherries with the chocolate cake mix (unprepared.) Smooth it out slightly to make sure it is even. Top with pasts of butter on top of the cake mix. Pour hot fudge over as evenly as possible.
- Bake for 1 hour and serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
Homemade Whipped Cream
Pour 1 cup heavy cream, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 2 tablespoons of super fine sugar in a cooled glass bowl and whip with electric beater or hand mixer until soft thick peaks are formed. Refrigerate until ready to use. Top the cake as you serve it.
Questions & Answers
© 2018 Rachel L Alba