Blueberry Lemon Pound Cake
A Cake Fit For Any Occasion
This is a cake that is not only flavorful, but moist and so easy to make and good for any occasion. It's pretty enough for company or for a take a long when invited to someone's house or for your own family to enjoy.
With the blueberries in it, that adds a health factor that is good for every one and for children for after school with a glass of milk. I made this on a Saturday when my girls come over with their families for dinner. It almost all went.
I love easy recipes and this is one of them. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
- If you don't like or want the frosting, you can always just dust it with a little powdered sugar.
- Another topping would be a light glaze of powdered sugar and a little milk to the consistency you want it.
- If you don't have fresh blueberries, you can always get frozen ones. I wouldn't let them defrost though or they will just be watery.
Photos of Blueberry Lemon Pound Cake
Please Vote For This Recipe
- 1 box Lemon Cake Mix
- 1 cup light cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 cup blueberries, Fresh or frozen
- 1/2 tablespoon flour
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 container Whipped White Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees or whatever it says on the back of your cake mix box. Spray the inside of a Bunt pan with non-stick spray or grease with butter.
- Mix the blueberries with the 1/2 T. flour. This keeps the blueberries from falling to the bottom.
- Following the back of the cake mix box, mix the cake mix with the pudding mix, eggs, light cream and oil.
- Gently add the flour dusted blueberries and pour into the prepared Bunt pan. Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Let sit for 10 minutes, then remove cake from pan and put on the serving plate until completely cooled.
- Top with the frosting and decorate the top with grated orange rind. It adds a little interesting flavor to the cake. This is optional. Enjoy!
More by this Author
A delicious breakfast that is prepared the night before. All breakfast ingredients that go with breakfast that everyone loves.
This cake is so light and moist, you simply can't get enough of it. Easy to make and a hit with whoever you are serving it to.
If you like coconut, jam, and almonds, you will love these cookies. They are crunchy, sweet, and decadent.