Blueberry Lemon Pound Cake
A Cake Fit For Any Occasion
This is a cake that is not only flavorful, but moist and so easy to make and good for any occasion. It's pretty enough for company or for a take a long when invited to someone's house or for your own family to enjoy.
With the blueberries in it, that adds a health factor that is good for every one and for children for after school with a glass of milk. I made this on a Saturday when my girls come over with their families for dinner. It almost all went.
I love easy recipes and this is one of them. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
- If you don't like or want the frosting, you can always just dust it with a little powdered sugar.
- Another topping would be a light glaze of powdered sugar and a little milk to the consistency you want it.
- If you don't have fresh blueberries, you can always get frozen ones. I wouldn't let them defrost though or they will just be watery.
Photos of Blueberry Lemon Pound Cake
Please Vote For This Recipe
- 1 box Lemon Cake Mix
- 1 cup light cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 cup blueberries, Fresh or frozen
- 1/2 tablespoon flour
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 container Whipped White Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees or whatever it says on the back of your cake mix box. Spray the inside of a Bunt pan with non-stick spray or grease with butter.
- Mix the blueberries with the 1/2 T. flour. This keeps the blueberries from falling to the bottom.
- Following the back of the cake mix box, mix the cake mix with the pudding mix, eggs, light cream and oil.
- Gently add the flour dusted blueberries and pour into the prepared Bunt pan. Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Let sit for 10 minutes, then remove cake from pan and put on the serving plate until completely cooled.
- Top with the frosting and decorate the top with grated orange rind. It adds a little interesting flavor to the cake. This is optional. Enjoy!