Rachel loves simple recipes, especially when the results are delicious and loved by the whole family. This recipe fits the bill.
A Cake Fit for Any Occasion
This is a cake that is not only flavorful and moist, but it's also so easy to make and good for any occasion. It's pretty enough for company, for a take-along when invited to someone's house, or for your own family to enjoy.
The blueberries add a healthy element that is good for everyone, especially for children after school with a glass of milk. I made this on a Saturday when my girls came over with their families for dinner. It was almost entirely devoured.
I love easy recipes, and this is one of them. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
Read More From Delishably
- If you don't like or want the frosting, you can always just dust it with a little powdered sugar.
- Another topping would be a light glaze of powdered sugar and a little milk to the consistency you want it.
- If you don't have fresh blueberries, you can always get frozen ones. I wouldn't let them defrost though, or they will just be watery.
Please Vote for This Recipe
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
1 hour 5 min
Serves 10 to 12 people
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 1 cup light cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 tablespoon flour
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 container whipped white frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°F or whatever it says on the back of your cake mix box. Spray the inside of a bundt pan with non-stick spray or grease with butter.
- Mix the blueberries with the 1/2 tablespoon of flour. This keeps the blueberries from falling to the bottom.
- Following the back of the cake box, mix the cake mix with the pudding mix, eggs, light cream and oil.
- Gently add the flour-dusted blueberries and pour into the prepared bundt pan. Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Let sit for 10 minutes, then remove cake from then pan and put on the serving plate until completely cooled.
- Top with the frosting and decorate the top with grated orange rind. This is optional, but it adds a little interesting flavor to the cake. Enjoy!