Brown Sugar Pound Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
Elegant Brown Sugar Cake- Cream Cheese Frosting
Brown Sugar Pound Cake and Cream Cheese Frosting
I have made this fabulous Brown Sugar Pound Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting many times over the years. The brown sugar gives it a caramel like flavor that pairs so well with the pecans and delicious cream cheese frosting.
It makes an elegant cake that anyone would be proud to serve to their guest or give as a gifts to friends or family.
Pound cakes are one of my favorite cakes to make and they freeze so well.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1-16 ounce brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 5 eggs, large
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the butter and shortening; cream together.
- Add the brown and granulated sugar gradually; beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, beating well after each addition.
- In another medium size bowl combine the flour and baking powder.
- Blend the dry ingredients alternately into the creamed mixture with the milk, beginning and ending with the flour, beating well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla extract and pecans; mix well.
- Pour the batter into 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until the cake test done with a toothpick.
- Cool in the pan 10 minutes, then turn onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- When cooled completely, frost with the cream cheese frosting.
Fresh From the Oven Brown Sugar Brown Sugar Pound Cake!
Making Cream Cheese Frosting
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1-8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-16 ounce package confectioner’s sugar
Step 1: Combine the butter, cream cheese, vanilla, and the cream together.
Step 2: Slowly add the confectioner’s sugar and beat until smooth.
Step 3: Frost the cooled cake.
Tips From Margie Lynn
- Confectioners sugar, also know as powdered sugar.
- I like to decorate the top of the cake with pecan halves.
I Just Love Using Cream Cheese Frosting!
Cream cheese frosting is so delicious on top and in between many cakes, such as, pumpkin, carrot, pound cakes, chocolate and I could go on and on!
You choose Cream Cheese Or Caramel Frosting!
This is another version of the brown sugar pound cake, it's topped with a scrumptious caramel frosting! You could also make it in smaller loaf pans and top with caramel frosting and give as a gift! It will be warmly received!
Video Making Brown Sugar Caramel Pound Cake
© 2016 Margie Lynn