Brown Sugar Pound Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
I have made this fabulous Brown Sugar Pound Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting many times over the years. The brown sugar gives it a caramel like flavor that pairs so well with the pecans and delicious cream cheese frosting.
It makes an elegant cake that anyone would be proud to serve to their guest or give as a gifts to friends or family.
Pound cakes are one of my favorite cakes to make and they freeze so well.
Brown Sugar Pound Cake and Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1-16 ounce brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 5 eggs, large
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- In a large mixing bowl combine butter and shortening; cream together.
- Add brown and granulated sugar gradually; beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, beating well after each addition.
- In another medium size bowl combine flour and baking powder.
- Blend dry ingredients alternately into creamed mixture with milk, beginning and ending with flour, beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla extract and pecans; mix well.
- Pour batter into 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake at 350 degree Fahrenheit for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until cake test done with toothpick.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes, then turn onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- When cool completely frost with cream cheese frosting.
Fresh from the oven!
Making Cream Cheese Frosting, yummy!
Cream Cheese Frosting
½ cup butter, softened
1-8 ounce cream cheese, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1-16 ounce package confectioner’s sugar
Step 1: Combine butter, cream cheese, vanilla and cream together.
Step 2: Slowly add confectioner’s sugar and beat until smooth.
Step 3: Frost cooled cake.
Confectioners sugar, also know as powdered sugar.
I like to decorate the top of cake with pecan halves.
Have a slice it is scrumptious!
Just Love Using Cream Cheese Frosting!
Cream Cheese Frosting is so delicious on top and in between many cakes, such as, pumpkin, carrot, pound cakes, chocolate and I could go on and on!
You choose Cream Cheese Or Caramel Frosting!
This is another version of Brown Sugar Pound Cake, it's topped with a scrumptious caramel frosting! You could also make in smaller loaf pans and top with caramel frosting and give for a gift! It will be warmly received!
Brown Sugar Caramel Pound Cake
Elegant Brown Sugar Cake- Cream Cheese Frosting
Check Out These Recipes!
- Finger Lickin' Buttermilk Fried Chicken
Come on into my kitchen and we will fry up some Finger Lickin' Buttermilk Fried Chicken! Best ever homemade crispy, tender and moist fried chicken! Get your napkin ready for some finger lickin'!
- Breakfast and Brunch Recipes for Entertaining!
Have guest coming, it’s the holiday? These Breakfast and Brunch recipes will help with your entertaining! From muffins, breakfast bread pudding to bacon waffles!
- Lovers of Chocolate Recipes Galore
Lovers of chocolate, I have recipes galore to satisfy your chocolate sweet tooth! Cookies, cakes, pies, and chocolate coated bacon! Yes I said bacon!
- Six Delicious And Easy Slow Cooker Recipes
Delicious Slow Cooker Recipes to enjoy year around! From Pulled Pork, Beef Stew to Chocolate Peanut Candy!
- Culinary Tips And Hints To Use in The Kitchen
You must try these Culinary Tips And Hints in your kitchen! They are smart time savers!
© 2016 Margie Lynn
More by this Author
Check out these delicious pumpkin recipes for the holidays. Pumpkin gooey butter cake, savory pumpkin soup, pumpkin cake, pumpkin cornbread and bread, and the always delicious pumpkin pie!
Check out these delicious, elegant, and easy recipes. Favorites are red velvet, gooey butter, oatmeal, Italian cream, carrot, and earthquake German chocolate! Peek inside and find one you like!
Casseroles are easy to make and leftovers are even better! Some of my favorite main dish and side dish casserole are hashbrown, eggplant, chicken enchilada, sweet potato and more! Pick your favorite!