Craving fudge? Why not make your own? This fudge is easy to make and is cooked entirely in the microwave! It is very rich and sweet, so be sure to cut it into small pieces and serve it with a glass of milk or a cup of coffee or tea.
The recipe calls for six Caramilk bars, but I was able to buy Bar-and-a-Half Caramilk at the dollar store, so I only needed three. Once you have used the hand mixer for 4 minutes, you must work quickly as when the mixture cools it starts to firm up right away. Put in the refrigerator to speed the firming. It makes a great gift!
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 Caramilk Bars
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, add brown sugar, sweetened condensed milk, and butter.
- Microwave on high for 8 minutes, stopping every 2 minutes to stir.
- Meanwhile, get a mixing bowl ready with powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Prepare an 8x8 pan, or a brownie pan by lining it with parchment paper or greased.
- When the microwaved mixture is done, add it to the mixing bowl that has the powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat with a hand mixer on medium speed for 4 minutes.
- Quickly pour half of the mixture on parchment paper in a baking pan.
- Line the caramilk bars to cover.
- Spread the remaining mixture on top.
- Once hardened, cut into 60 small squares. Enjoy!
© 2012 kitkat1141