I have always enjoyed cooking and baking. My favorite things to make are vegetarian dishes, healthy appetizers, and desserts.
Low-Calorie Cherry Pie
If you love cherry pie but don’t have the time to bake one, this no-bake recipe can be quickly prepared as a delicious treat for any occasion.
Not only is it a time-saver, but it’s also a lower-calorie option. This dessert has only 170 calories and 2.5 grams of fat per serving, compared to the 390 calories and 16.5 grams of fat in one slice of regular cherry pie.
I came up with this recipe as a healthier option to a store-bought pie, which is typically not only higher in calories and fat but also usually has a long list of unhealthy ingredients and is often made with animal shortening.
This dessert can be customized to suit different tastes and dietary restrictions. If you’re not a fan of cherries, or just want to try something else, there are ideas for recipe variations at the end of this article.
|Prep time||Ready in||Yields|
- 1 (21-oz. / 595g) can cherry pie filling
- 4 sheets graham crackers
- 1 can dairy whipped topping
- Set out four small dessert bowls.
- Crumble one graham cracker sheet into each bowl.
- Spoon 1/3 cup of cherry pie filling onto the graham cracker crumbs in each bowl.
- Just before serving, top with approximately 2 tbsp of dairy whipped topping.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe also works with most pie fillings and puddings. Here are just a few ideas of what can be substituted for cherry:
- Apple Pie Filling
- Chocolate Pudding
- Lemon Pie Filling
- Vanilla Pudding
- Pistachio Pudding
- Use a non-dairy whipped topping
- Use gluten-free graham crackers and pie filling
Fatsecret - Calories in Cherry Pie and Nutrition Facts
© 2019 Carrie Kelley