As a child, Edwin's mom told him, "If you want to eat, you should cook it yourself." And that's exactly what he's been doing ever since.
"Just Right" Brownies
This recipe makes brownies that are tender, delicately chewy, and light without being too cakey. To lighten it up, we used cake flour (rather than regular flour) and added baking powder. For a rich, chocolaty flavor, we used a lot of unsweetened chocolate. And to keep it from being too cake-like, we used fewer eggs.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 1 1/4 cups cake flour
- 3/4 teaspooon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 1/4 cups white granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 325F degrees.
- Grease a 13x9 inch baking pan. For best results, use a metal baking pan with straight-edges and sharp corners.
- In a bowl, combine the cake flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Melt the chocolate and the butter in the microwave at half power for about 2 minutes. Stir and continue heating till melted, stirring occasionally.
- Into this chocolate mixture, gradually add in the sugar, then one egg at a time, then the vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients from step 3. Mix until smooth.
- Transfer the batter into the greased baking pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until knife inserted into the center of the brownies comes out clean.
- Allow to cool. Cut the brownies into squares and serve.
- Top with your favorite chopped nuts before baking.
- Use bar chocolates, but cut it into very small pieces before melting it with the butter.
- Substitute Splenda for the white sugar.
- Add vanilla flavoring to the batter.
Straight-Edge Rectangular Baking Pan
Edwin Alcantara (author) from California on September 24, 2020:
Your welcome Danny. Enjoy.
Danny from India on September 23, 2020:
Edwin thanks for this mouthwatering dessert. I hope to dish it soon.
Edwin Alcantara (author) from California on September 23, 2020:
Thanks Lakshmi. Yes it is.
Lakshmi from Chennai on September 23, 2020:
The recipe looks very simple and scrumptious.