Alyssa loves sharing her family's favorite recipes with the world. She is a wife and a mom who enjoys drinking copious amounts of coffee.
Edible Cookie Dough (No Eggs)
One of the little joys of baking is licking the spoon full of batter before tossing it into the sink. Unfortunately, that's not always the best idea. Bacteria from raw eggs is not something you want to tangle with.
There's a funny saying floating around the internet that goes something like this: "Can you really get salmonella from eating raw cookie dough or are people just trying to prevent me from living my best life?" That always makes me crack up. Of all the times I had a little raw cookie dough growing up, I never had a bad reaction.
Read More From Delishably
In the spirit of playing by the rules and staying safe, I decided to find a way to have my cookie dough and eat it too. I've been using this recipe for years. It's delicious! Be warned—these chocolate chip cookie dough bites are addicting! I like to make little balls and store them in the refrigerator for an occasional sweet snack.
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 1 package chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli)
- Combine sugars and flour into a large mixing bowl. Stir well.
- Add a pinch of salt and mix well.
- Stir in milk, vanilla, and butter.
- Add in chocolate chips.
- With floured hands, shape cookie dough into balls. Place into a container and chill for 1 hour before consuming. Enjoy!