Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
As a bonus, there's no need to refrigerate this dough before baking! Chocolate crinkle cookies have a little crunch on the outside, and on the inside, they're similar to a brownie. These classic cookies are the perfect bite of goodness to add to your cookie tray. They look just fabulous when displayed, all dusted with powdery, snowy sugar, and are very easy to make. I don't know about you, but when I get the urge to bake a batch of cookies, the last thing I want to do is wait four hours for the dough to chill—and with this recipe, you don't have to wait. It's time to get baking. Photos and instructions below. Enjoy!
Which chocolate do you like better?
Chocolate Crinkle Cookie Recipe Ingredients
- 1/2 cup Crisco shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar for rolling
- 1 cup confectioners sugar for rolling
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Fill one small bowl with 1 cup of granulated sugar for rolling and another small bowl with 1 cup of confectioners sugar for rolling cookies.
- Whisk the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt together in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl beat the shortening and sugar with a mixer.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat until combined.
- Add vanilla.
- This part you'll want to do in thirds and by hand: Pour one third of the dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients, stir until combined. Add the next third and stir until all the dry ingredients are wet. Add the last third and again stir until the dry ingredients are wet. I finish by using the mixer for a minute or two to fully combine all ingredients. The dough is very thick.
- Scoop the dough and roll into 1 inch balls and then roll each ball first in the granulated sugar to coat and then in the confectioners sugar to coat.
- Place cookie dough balls on the parchment lined cookie sheet about 2 inches apart and bake for approximately 10 minutes until tops are cracked.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes, transfer to wire rack to cool completely, Enjoy!
Questions & Answers
© 2017 MomsTreasureChest