How to Make a Chocolate Malteser Cake
Make a Simple Chocolate Cake Look Fabulous!
This will show you how to make a super-duper moist chocolate cake, topped with Maltesers (or Milk Duds in the USA) and a bit of gold to make it sparkle!
The End Result
Simple yet elegant
All you need is a chocolate cake and Maltesers...
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups white flour
- 1 heaped teaspoon or 1 tbs of baking powder
- 1/2 cup good cocoa
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence (extract)
- 1 cup whole (full cream) milk
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 bags of Maltesers (or Milk Duds)
- KitKats or Milky Ways (about 30)
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 180C
- Grease and flour two 9-inch round baking pans.
- Combine sugar, flour, cocoa, and baking powder in large bowl.
- Then add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla and hand-mix with a whisk or beat on medium speed of mixer for about 2 minutes
- Pour batter into pans
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Leave to cool (at least 1 hour)
Coat the cake with chocolate frosting. Store bought or home-made. Be sure to level the tops of the cake first so that they are flat. You can use a cake leveler or just a regular bread knife.
Use KitKats or basically any type of chocolate to make a 'wall' to hold in all those delicious malted delights, now whip out two large bags of Maltesers and place them carefully onto the top of the cake.
Voila! You have a fancy looking cake that tastes as delicious as it looks.
(note a nice ribbon could go around the chocolate sticks lined up around the cake, but I didn't have one on hand, but thought it looked pretty neat the way it was anyway)
Chocolate Cake Topped With Maltesers and Edible Gold Spray
Have you tried this amazing recipe?
Questions & Answers
© 2018 From The Heart