How to Make a Chocolate Malteser Cake
How to make simple chocolate cake look fabulous!
This will show you how to make a super-duper moist chocolate cake, topped with Maltesers and a bit of gold to make it sparkle!
The end result
Simple yet elegant
All you need is a chocolate cake and Maltesers...
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups white flour
- 1 heaped teaspoon or 1 tbs of baking powder
- 1/2 cup good cocoa
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence (extract)
- 1 cup whole (full cream) milk
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 bags of Maltesers (or Milk Duds)
- KitKats or Milky Ways (about 30)
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 180C
- Grease and flour two 9-inch round baking pans.
- Combine sugar, flour, cocoa, and baking powder in large bowl.
- Then add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla and hand-mix with a whisk or beat on medium speed of mixer for about 2 minutes
- Pour batter into pans
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Leave to cool (at least 1 hour)
Coat the cake with chocolate frosting. Store bought or home-made. Be sure to level the tops of the cake first so that they are flat. You can use a cake leveler or just a regular bread knife.
Use KitKats or basically any type of chocolate to make a 'wall' to hold in all those delicious malted delights, now whip out two large bags of Maltesers and place them carefully onto the top of the cake.
Voila! You have a fancy looking cake that tastes as delicious as it looks.
(note a nice ribbon could go around the chocolate sticks lined up around the cake, but I didn't have one on hand, but thought it looked pretty neat the way it was anyway)
© 2018 Shizette