How to Make Coconut Brigadeiros
Made it? Share your opinion!
I just love sweetened condensed milk, whether it is just on its own or in a recipe. So when a Brazilian friend told me about brigadeiros and that they're quick and easy to make, I just had to try them! I also liked how they're so straightforward to make that it's impossible to fail, only I did fail on my first attempt, but that's another story!
Cook Time (Not Including Chilling Time)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 400 g (1 can) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- coconut flakes, for dipping
Could this recipe possibly have more coconut in it?
My First Mistake
- Heat up a frying pan on low to medium heat. Add everything except for the coconut flakes.
- Stir constantly. The mixture will boil slightly and begin to thicken. The mixture should become thick enough for you to be able to take parts with your hands to form spheres. If it's much more liquidy than that, keep stirring and don't reduce the heat.
- Once your brigadeiro mixture has reached the desired consistency, you can remove it from the frying pan and place it into a bowl.
- Optional: chill in the fridge for 30+ minutes, for the mixture to become thicker and easier to work with.
- Take a piece of the 'dough,' around 1-2 tbsp in size, but you can always make them whatever size you want. Roll into a ball, roll in the coconut flakes and place onto a ball. Repeat until you've used up the entire mixture.
- Keep in the fridge. Optionally, you can keep the brigadeiros in the freezer; this makes them almost like mini ice cream balls!
What flavour of brigadeiros would you be interested in trying?
Questions & Answers
© 2018 Janisa