Coconut Sweet Balls or Sukrunde Recipe
Some Information About Coconut Sweet Balls or Sukrunde
Sukrunde are traditional Indian sweets that are very delicious. Though making them takes a bit of time, they're worth making because of how delicious they are. It needs only six ingredients. You can even store them for a few days and enjoy eating them slowly.
There are two main steps involved in making this dish. The first one is to make coconut-jaggery mix. The second one is to fry them by dipping in rice flour-plain flour mix. Once you prepare coconut-jaggery mix, the rest is very easy. Do try this recipe and relish this sweet dish!
- 2 cups coconut, grated
- 3/4 cups jaggery, powdered
- 4 cardamom, crushed
- oil for deep frying
- 1/4 tsp salt, or as per taste
- 1/2 cup rice flour, for the batter
- 1/2 cup plain flour or maida, for the batter
- 1/4 tsp salt, for the batter
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Coconut Sweet Balls or Sukrunde
- Grate coconut. If you find them not uniform, just dry grind them for a second to get coarse coconut. Keep aside.
- Heat a pan. Add jaggery powder. Pour 2-3 table spoon water. Mix well and boil. Lower the fire.
- After boiling for 2-3 minutes, add coconut. Mix well. Stir cook on low fire till the water evaporates and the mix becomes a bit gummy.
- Check whether you can gather the mix and make balls out of it. Don't over cook. Turn off the heat. Spread the mix on a plate for cooling.
- Make tiny balls. You can make about 20 such balls. Keep ready on a plate.
- Take rice flour and all purpose flour in 50-50 proportion in a mixing bowl. Add water and little salt to make a moderately thin batter. The batter should be such that it should thinly coat on the coconut-jaggery balls when dipped in it.
- Heat oil for deep frying. Let the fire be medium high. Dip the coconut-jaggery balls in rice flour-maida batter. Drop them into the hot oil one by one. You can fry about 10-12 tiny balls in one batch.
- Turn them occasionally for uniform cooking. Lower the fire when the balls turn golden brown. Remove them on an absorbent paper.
- Repeat the procedure for the remaining coconut-jaggery mix.
- Collect the coconut-jaggery balls or sukrunde in a bowl. Enjoy eating these yummy sweets!
Nutritional Information of Coconut Sweet Balls or Sukrunde
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||18|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 2 g||3%|
|Saturated fat 1 g||5%|
|Carbohydrates 9 g||3%|
|Sugar 9 g|
|Protein 1 g||2%|
|Cholesterol 4 mg||1%|
|Sodium 15 mg||1%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Other Sweet Balls Recipes
- Sweets: Semolina(Cream of Wheat) Sweet Balls (Rave Unde) Recipe
Wow! So beautiful! Semolina sweet ball is a traditional Indian sweet that is very tasty and flavorful. It is a popular dessert seen during festival occasions. Pure ghee is used in making this sweet.
- Healthy Recipes: Jackfruit Sweet Balls
Jackfruit is a kind of tropical fruit, recognized for its unique shape, size, and flavor. Jackfruit sweet balls are aromatic sweet fritters that are super delicious, crunchy, and soft. Try it!