Copycat Levain Bakery Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Rate this recipe!
Where is Levain Bakery?
In the Upper West Side of New York City, Levain Bakery bakes some of the best chocolate chip cookies ever made.
In fact, The New York Times stated that their cookies "may possibly be the largest, most divine chocolate chip cookies in Manhattan". Their monstrous, scone-sized cookies are prized for their buttery taste and perfect texture.
Through multiple trials, I've finally discovered a perfect copycat recipe for these amazing cookies!
- 3 cups and 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup light or dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chips or dark chocolate chunks
- Line a sheet pan or cookie sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a bowl, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or handheld mixer, cream the butter on high for 1 minute. Add the sugars and cream until the mixture is fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
- Lower the speed to medium, and add the eggs one at a time until each egg is fully incorporated. Add the vanilla, and beat until combined.
- On a low speed, gently add the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While the oven is preheating, divide the dough into 12 pieces, and shape into rough balls. Put onto the prepared baking sheet(s). Chill the dough in the refrigerator until the oven is done (for best results, chill overnight).
- Bake the cookies for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown and delicious. Don't overcook them, or else they will be dry and unappetizing. Cool the finished cookies on a wire rack.
Do you want to try making copycat Levain Bakery cookies?
|Serving size: 1 cookie|
|Calories from Fat||234|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 26 g||40%|
|Carbohydrates 67 g||22%|
|Sugar 44 g|
|Protein 7 g||14%|
|Sodium 359 mg||15%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|