Baking is one of my favorite pastimes. I enjoy baking cookies, cakes, breads, pies, muffins, cupcakes, and much more.
Crispy Cornflake Cookies
Crispy cornflake cookies are not only deliciously snackable, they're super easy to make, too. One thing I like about making these cookies is that you don't need a cookie-cutter—all you need to shape the cookies are your hands or a spoon. What matters is the flavor, not the shape!
These cookies are one of my favorite types to make for the Eid festival. The cornflakes provide a crispy crunchiness that is just so satisfying. I promise that if you make these cookies, your whole family will love them!
Store these cookies in an airtight container to preserve the crispiness. I hope you will try this recipe and enjoy them as much as we do.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 45 minutes (including baking time)
Serves: 60-80 cookies (depends on the size you make)
- 1 cup cornflour or cornstarch
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 250 grams pure butter, room temperature
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg yolk, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup ground almond
- 1/2 cup almond nibs
- 1 cup ground cornflakes
- 2 cup cornflakes, crushed for decorating the cookies
- In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter, egg yolk, and vanilla essence. Use a spatula to mix the ingredients.
- Add the ground almond, baking soda, and baking powder to the mixture. Mix to combine.
- Add the vegetable oil. Mix to combine.
- Add the cornflour and all-purpose flour to the mixture. Mix to combine until it forms a smooth dough.
- Add the ground cornflakes and almond nibs to the mixture. Mix to combine. Rest the dough for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 320°F.
- In a medium bowl, add the crushed cornflakes. Set aside.
- Shape the dough into equal small-sized balls (I use my hands). Roll the balls in the crushed cornflakes to garnish.
- Transfer the cookies to a baking pan that has been lined with baking cups or parchment paper. (You can use small baking cups for these cookies, or you can lay a parchment paper on a baking pan by placing each ball a couple of inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.)
- Bake the cookies for 20-25 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Transfer the cookies onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- To preserve the crispiness of the cookies, store them in an airtight container.
© 2020 Liza
Liza (author) from USA on June 29, 2020:
Peggy, these crispy cornflakes cookies have become my family's favorite. The best part is they are super fast to make. I hope you are going to try the recipe!
Peggy Woods from Houston, Texas on June 29, 2020:
Thanks for sharing another one of your good-sounding cookie recipes with us. The one that I make using cornflakes as an ingredient is different from this one. I'll add this to my list of ones to try.
Liza (author) from USA on June 22, 2020:
Thank you for commenting, Lovnish!
Lovnish Thakur from Solan, Himachal Pradesh, India on June 22, 2020:
Liza (author) from USA on May 23, 2020:
I hope you will try it, Linda. These crispy cornflakes cookies are scrumptious delicious!
Linda Crampton from British Columbia, Canada on May 22, 2020:
I'd love to try these. When I was a child, my mother used to make cookies that resembled yours but weren't identical. They were very tasty. I'm sure yours would be, too.
Liza (author) from USA on May 22, 2020:
Thank you for your lovely comment, Nella :)
Nella DiCarlo from Guelph, Ontario on May 22, 2020:
Interesting recipe! The cookies look tasty and pretty too.
Liza (author) from USA on May 21, 2020:
You have to try this recipe, Liz. They are absolutely delicious! Luckily, I'm fasting during the day. These cookies will be gone in the next few days.
Liz Westwood from UK on May 21, 2020:
I have added cornflakes to other recipes, but I haven't made these before. The photo tutorials are excellent in your articles.