Baking is one of my favorite pastimes. I enjoy baking cookies, cakes, breads, pies, muffins, cupcakes, and much more.
Crispy Cornflake Cookies
Crispy cornflake cookies are not only deliciously snackable, they're super easy to make, too. One thing I like about making these cookies is that you don't need a cookie-cutter—all you need to shape the cookies are your hands or a spoon. What matters is the flavor, not the shape!
These cookies are one of my favorite types to make for the Eid festival. The cornflakes provide a crispy crunchiness that is just so satisfying. I promise that if you make these cookies, your whole family will love them!
Store these cookies in an airtight container to preserve the crispiness. I hope you will try this recipe and enjoy them as much as we do.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Read More From Delishably
Total Time: 1 hour and 45 minutes (including baking time)
Serves: 60-80 cookies (depends on the size you make)
- 1 cup cornflour or cornstarch
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 250 grams pure butter, room temperature
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg yolk, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup ground almond
- 1/2 cup almond nibs
- 1 cup ground cornflakes
- 2 cup cornflakes, crushed for decorating the cookies
- In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter, egg yolk, and vanilla essence. Use a spatula to mix the ingredients.
- Add the ground almond, baking soda, and baking powder to the mixture. Mix to combine.
- Add the vegetable oil. Mix to combine.
- Add the cornflour and all-purpose flour to the mixture. Mix to combine until it forms a smooth dough.
- Add the ground cornflakes and almond nibs to the mixture. Mix to combine. Rest the dough for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 320°F.
- In a medium bowl, add the crushed cornflakes. Set aside.
- Shape the dough into equal small-sized balls (I use my hands). Roll the balls in the crushed cornflakes to garnish.
- Transfer the cookies to a baking pan that has been lined with baking cups or parchment paper. (You can use small baking cups for these cookies, or you can lay a parchment paper on a baking pan by placing each ball a couple of inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.)
- Bake the cookies for 20-25 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Transfer the cookies onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- To preserve the crispiness of the cookies, store them in an airtight container.
© 2020 Liza