Rachel Wesley is an author and writing enthusiast. She publishes diverse work across the web and is always looking for her next adventure.
The Perfect Treat for an Adult Get-Together
Expecting company or just want to contribute something unique to the party? How about adding some grown-up cupcakes? These aren't from your grandmother's recipe book. These are after the kids go to bed kind of cupcakes.
The treats on this list are infused with alcohol to create a delicious treat for a more mature palette. Cupcakes are always a hit, and these will be no exception.
These cupcakes work for any type of adult get-together. Seasonal parties, holidays, birthdays, celebrations, reunions, you name it; these cupcakes are sure to be a hit.
Spiked Raspberry-Lemon Cupcakes
This one gives a cool refreshing taste. It's perfect for laying back, relaxing, and enjoying good times with good company.
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbs raspberry liqueur
- 2 tsp finely shredded lemon zest
- Red food coloring
- 7-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tbs raspberry liqueur
- 3 tbs milk
- 3/4 cup milk
- Red food coloring
- Preheat Oven to 350.
- Line or spray cupcake pan.
- Add a few drops of food coloring to butter and mix until satisfied.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together flour, sugar, butter, eggs, lemon juice, lemon zest, buttermilk, and raspberry liqueur until smooth.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat softened butter and 2 cups of powdered sugar.
- Add liqueur, food coloring, and milk.
- Mix in remaining powdered sugar until smooth.
- Garnish with fresh raspberry and/or lemon wedge.
Bourbon Spice Cupcake With Bourbon Glaze
Here is a delicious cupcake made just for adults. It carries a kick of bourbon but doesn't taste too boozy.
- 1 box spice cake mix
- Ingredients called for on cake box
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 8-ounces softened mascarpone cheese
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons bourbon
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 heavy cream
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 tbsp bourbon
- 2 Tbsp light corn syrup
- 1-1/4 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1/8 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/8 tsp. kosher salt
- Pre-heat over to 350 and prepare spice cake as instructed on the box, blending in the 2 tablespoons of bourbon.
- Set up cupcake liners or grease pan.
- Go ahead and start cooking those.
- Beat together the mascarpone cheese, cream cheese, and butter until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar slowly.
- mix in cinnamon, nutmeg, and bourbon. Beat until smooth.
- In a medium saucepan, mix the butter, bourbon, brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt together. Cook on medium heat until all ingredients are thoroughly blended. Turn the heat up to high and add your heavy cream. Let this come to a boil while you stir for about a minute.
- Remove from heat and mix in vanilla and powdered sugar, stirring until fully blended together.
- Allow the glaze to thicken up to a warm coating level, then drizzle over frosted cupcakes.
Mudslide Cupcakes With Kahlua
Have a love of chocolate? You'll love this decadent cupcake.
- 2 1/4 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sifted unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup Kahlua
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup coffee (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 6 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbs coffee (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Kahlua
- 6 cups sifted brown sugar
- Preheat over to 350.
- Line or spray your pan.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together cocoa and flour.
- Beat egg whites until foamy; add sugar.
- Mix brown sugar, butter, coffee, Kahlua, and flour/cocoa mixture.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Mix powdered sugar and butter.
- Add in Kahlua, cocoa powder, and coffee.
- Beat until smooth and fluffy.
Decorate as You See Fit
One of the best parts of making cupcakes is decorating them. Everyone does it differently, so remember to add your own flair to them. Have fun with it, and don't be afraid to try something new. Top them off with garnishments as you see fit.
These alcohol-infused cupcakes are sure to please any adult crowd and be the talk of the night. The chances are high that you will impress your guests or fellow party-goers and have them asking for recipes.
Happy baking, and don't forget to post pictures!
Which is Your Favorite?
© 2017 Rachel Wesley
Lena Durante from San Francisco Bay Area on May 31, 2017:
Raspberry is such a nice bright flavor for dessert, especially with the lemon. I bet these would be a big hit at a summer barbecue.