How to Make Elmo Cupcakes
Birthdays can be stressful, so I would recommend making these cupcakes in advance. I would wait to add the smile the morning of the party so that the black frosting does not bleed.
What You Will Need
- Jumbo Candy Eyes
- Wilton Gel Food Dye
- Wilton Cake Decorating Tips 8, 12 and 233
- Wilton Cake Decorating Bag (I like disposable bags for easy clean up)
I have used other brands than Wilton, but Wilton is the best quality cake decorating supplies.
- After you baked and cooled your cupcakes, you will want to put your tip 233 (grass tip) in and fill it with red frosting.
- Now, with the video below as an example, bend your wrists at a 90 degree angle and apply pressure to your cake decorating bag while you pull up to make Elmo's fur. Make sure you leave room for the mouth like I did in the photo below. Also, be sure that you pay attention to your pressure, and lighten it when you are coming up.
- Use tip 12 to fill the cake decorating bag with orange frosting, and make a nose.
- Add your jumbo eyes. On the day of the party, fill in the mouth area with black frosting using a tip 8.