How to Make Elmo Cupcakes
Birthdays can be stressful; however, a great tip is to make these cupcakes in advance. I would wait to add the smile the morning of the party so that the black frosting does not bleed.
What You Will Need
- Jumbo Candy Eyes
- Wilton Gel Food Dye
- Wilton Cake Decorating Tips 8, 12 and 233
- Wilton Cake Decorating Bag (I like disposable bags for easy clean up)
I have used other brands than Wilton, but Wilton is the best quality cake decorating supplies.
- After you baked and cooled your cupcakes, you will want to put your tip 233 (grass tip) in and fill it with red frosting.
- Now with using the video below as an example, with your wrists at a 90 degree angle apply pressure to your cake decorating bag and pull directly up to make Elmo's fur. Make sure you leave room for the mouth like I did in the photo below. Make sure that you pay attention to your pressure and lighten yoru pressure when you coming up.
- Now using tip 12 fill the cake decorating bag with orange frosting and make a nose.
- Add your jumbo eyes and the day of the party fill in the mouth area with black frosting using a tip 8.