Delicious Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake Recipe
Chocolate is one of the elixirs of life, happiness, and beauty distilled into an edible form. There is little better than the feeling of biting into the sweet, decadent goodness of chocolate and allowing its satiny goodness to caress one's tongue in its softness. As amazing as it may be, however, there are ways to further improve and accompany this taste. And one of those flavors is cherry, an addition to chocolate that raises it to yet another stage of heavenliness.
This cherry chocolate cheesecake recipe takes advantage of the beautiful blending of chocolate and cherry, combined with the rich decadence of cream cheese, to produce a thoroughly magnificent cheesecake recipe. This is a velvety soft, very rich and creamy, and very, very, chocolatey dessert. The cherry provides its own subtle fruitiness, but still takes a second seat to the chocolate—it does, however, compliment the chocolate very well. It would be possible to increase the amount of cherry juice if one desired more; although, I doubt next to the power of the chocolate that this would ever be readily achievable.
Decorated with whipped cream and cherries (with pits removed), this can be a splendid and handsome looking cake, the perfect decadent and elegant dessert.
This recipe is based on one found in The Los Angeles Times California Cookbook by Rose Dosti, Barbara Hansen, Daniel P. Puzo, Minnie Bernadino, Marge Powers, Nancy Brashear, and Helen Stefanac.
- 9 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 12 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup cherry juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2-1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 eggs
- 8 ounces chocolate wafers or graham crackers
- Melt butter over medium heat, then add in chocolates, and melt all to form a smooth mixture.
- Beat the cream cheese until it is smooth. Add in the heavy cream and the vanilla. Add the chocolate into the cream cheese.
- Beat together the eggs and the sugar. Beat slowly into the chocolate mixture, and stir to mix. Add the cherry juice.
- Pour into the prepared chocolate wafer/graham cracker crust. To make the wafers, crush them - I would crush them in a plastic bag with a rolling pin - and then mix them together with 3 tablespoons of melted butter, to form a loose and crumbly dough. Place this into the bottom of a springform pan, to form the crust.
- Cook the cheesecake for 40-50 minutes at 350 degrees f in the oven, until it begins to slightly rise in the center and is done. Cool and chill thoroughly then un-mold the sides. When serving, decorate with whipped cream and lots of cherries.
© 2017 Ryan Thomas