Baking is one of my favorite pastimes. I enjoy baking cookies, cakes, breads, pies, muffins, cupcakes, and much more.
Delicious and Moist Lemon Loaf Bread
Happy New Year!
For a fresh start this year, I made a loaf of delicious and lemony bread. I love the citrusy and tangy flavor of fresh lemon—it's just so bright and clean. Traditionally, people make lemon bread for summertime. However, I want to start a New Year with something fresh and citrusy!
This glazed lemon bread reminds me of a pound cake because the texture is dense but moist. It has the perfect balance of tart and sweet flavors. The best part of the loaf not just the flavor but the beautiful presentation! I decided to decorate the loaf to make it colorful and pleasing to the eye.
Enjoy this loaf with a cup of coffee or tea. I hope you and your family will enjoy this treat as much as we do!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
Makes: 1 loaf
Read More From Delishably
For the bread:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Zest of 3 lemons, make sure wash lemons before zesting
- 1/2 cup half and half or 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup oil or 1/2 cup melted butter (I used light olive oil)
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- A pinch salt
For the lemon glaze:
- 2-3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
For the garnish:
- Fresh blackberries
- Fresh raspberries
Note: Be sure to let the loaf cool completely before drizzling the lemon glaze on top.
- Preheat the oven to 350º F. Line a loaf baking pan with parchment or baking paper; then set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar and the lemon zest. Use a whisk to combine evenly.
- Combine the eggs into the mixture and continue mixing.
- Add the half-and-half, vanilla extract, and oil into the mixture. Mix the ingredients thoroughly.
- In a medium bowl, sieve the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add the flour mixture into the wet mixture. Mix to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake the bread for 1 hour or until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Place the bread on a cooling rack. Let it cool completely before glazing and decorating.
- For the lemon glaze: In a medium bowl, combine the powdered sugar and lemon juice. Use a whisk to mix until becomes a smooth paste.
- Pour the lemon glaze on top of the bread. Let the glaze set for 30 to 45 minutes before cutting. If you opt to decorate the loaf, you can put some fresh raspberries and blackberries on top right after you glaze the bread.
- Slice the bread and serve with a cup of coffee or tea.
© 2021 Liza