Kresa is a wife and mother to two beautiful children. She enjoys cooking for her family and creating new recipes for them to try.
A Thanksgiving Tradition
My family serves this pie every year at Thanksgiving—it is not Thanksgiving without it! This recipe was inspired by my aunt’s millionaire pie recipe, which doesn't include cream cheese. I decided to add cream cheese to the recipe, and the result was absolutely amazing! I usually make about 3 or 4 of them because they are the first ones to go when dessert is served.
- 1 cup (8 oz.) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tub (16 oz.) Cool Whip, thawed
- 3 cans (15 oz.) crushed pineapple, in heavy syrup
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 (9 inch) graham cracker pie crusts
- Maraschino cherries, optional garnish
- In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk until smooth.
- Stir in the Cool Whip until well combined.
- Open and drain the cans of pineapple and stir them into the mixture. Make sure the pineapple is well-drained before you add it to the mixture, or you will have a very runny filling.
- Pour the filling into the pie crusts and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Questions & Answers
Question: Can real whipped cream be substituted for the Cool Whip? I've never been able to handle the artificial chemical taste that comes with this sooo unhealthy product.
Answer: Yes, you can use real whip cream. I have used real whip cream before, it gives it a much richer taste. I think it tastes delicious either way.
© 2019 Kresa