Easy and Quick Carrot Burfi For Beginners
Easy and Tasty
This carrot burfi recipe is an easy dessert that anyone can make without fear of making mistakes. The cakes are delicious with a lovely, rich aroma.
Carrots are a popular vegetable that are used extensively in curries, salads, snacks and juices—as well as desserts. It is a crunchy, mildly sweet, and colorful vegetable.
Carrots are high in antioxidants, beta-carotene, thiamine, niacin, fiber, potassium, and vitamins A, B6, and K. They are very low in saturated fat and cholesterol. As they are soft and easily digestible when cooked, they are often prepared for young children as well as the elderly.
- 1 packed bowl carrots, grated
- 3/4 cup sugar or jaggery powder (I used sugar)
- 1 small cup milk cream, fresh or frozen
- 1 small cup all-purpose flour (maida)
- 1/2 cup ghee (clarified butter)
- 2 tbsp pistachios and almonds, together, thinly sliced, for garnishing
- 2 pinches dark yellow food color (optional)
- 4 cardamom, finely crushed or powdered
- Grease a deep-bottomed square plate or any other plate with some ghee. Set aside. This is for pouring the hot carrot burfi mix.
- Saute grated carrot with some ghee in a deep-bottomed pan. A non-stick pan is preferred for making this dish. If you don't have one, any pan is fine.
- Saute grated carrot for about 5 minutes or until it becomes almost dry. Transfer the carrots to a plate. Set aside.
- In the same pan, add the plain flour. Saute with some ghee for 5 minutes, or until you get a nice aroma.
- Add sauteed carrots, crushed cardamom, and remaining ghee. Thoroughly blend them.
- Add sugar and milk cream. Stir-cook until the mix becomes thick, a bit dry, and comes out like a single lump.
- In the final stages, you can see ghee oozing out on the edges. Turn off the heat. This step may take about 15 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to the greased plate. Spread it with the help of a spatula to make a half-inch thick slab.
- Spread chopped pistachios and almonds on it. Press them a little, so that they stick to the burfi.
- Set aside to cool. When it's less hot, make square shapes by drawing lines with the help of a knife.
- Insert the knife along these lines, so that you can get square-shaped burfi.
- Take the pieces out once it completely cools down.
- Enjoy eating this yummy sweet treat whenever you desire. Store them in the refrigerator after 2 days.
Picture TutorialClick thumbnail to view full-size
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||18|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 2 g||3%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 28 g||9%|
|Sugar 16 g|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Protein 2 g||4%|
|Cholesterol 1 mg|
|Sodium 42 mg||2%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|