Dorm Room Cooking: Eclair Cake
What Is Dorm Room Cooking?
For many young people attending colleges and universities around the country, finding the time or resources to make a home-cooked meal can be difficult, if not impossible. Many dorm buildings don't even offer shared kitchen spaces, and if they do, there might not be any pots and pans at your disposal. Keeping this in mind, dorm room cooking recipes aim to create delicious treats for you and your friends to share that won't be a hassle.
This particular eclair cake recipe is perfect for this style of cooking because it only requires five ingredients and access to a microwave and fridge!
What You'll Need
- Access to a fridge
- Access to a microwave
- A spoon or knife
- 9x12 inch pan (this can be metal, glass or disposable)
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding mix
- milk, however much specified in the pudding mix directions
- 1 tub Cool Whip
- 1 box Graham Crackers
- 1 tub pre-made chocolate icing
- First, with a large mixing bowl stir together the instant pudding mix and milk until it starts to become thick. Place the pudding in the fridge for 5 minutes to fully thicken.
- Fold in the entire tub of Cool Whip into the pudding mixture.
- Line the bottom of your 9x12 inch pan with graham crackers. Don't worry if they do not completely cover the surface. Gently pour half of the pudding mixture on top.
- Use a spoon or knife to smooth the surface. Cover the surface of the first pudding layer with another layer of graham crackers.
- Pour the rest of the pudding mixture on top. Cover this layer of pudding with graham crackers as well.
- Remove the lid and foil lining of your chocolate icing then heat in the microwave on high for 30 seconds. Remove the icing and quickly stir it. It should be thin enough to pour. If it is not, put it in the microwave for another 10–20 seconds, but be careful not to burn it.
- Gently pour the icing over the last graham cracker layer and spread with a spoon or knife if necessary.
- Place the entire dish in the fridge for 15–25 minutes to allow the icing to cool and harden.
How Did You Like This Recipe?
© 2017 Isabella King