11 Best Loved Pie Recipes
Bake Your Favorite Pie!Click thumbnail to view full-size
Homemade Coconut Cream Pie
A big slice of this creamy coconut pie can complete an elegant or a country home cooked meal.
You can top the pie with meringue or whipped cream. It's a favorite dessert in the South.
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup flour
- 4 eggs, separated
- 3 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1-3 ½ ounce can flaked coconut
- 1-9-inch pie shell
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ cup sugar
- In a medium saucepan combine sugar, salt and flour; stir in milk. Cook over medium-low heat, stir constantly until thickened. Reduce heat to low and cook 2 more minutes; stirring constantly, remove from heat.
- Beat egg yolks slightly; gradually add 1 cup of hot mixture into the yolks. Return egg yolk mixture to the saucepan and bring to a slow boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; add the butter and 1 ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract. Mix well. Add 1 cup of the coconut. Pour into the baked pie crust.
- Beat the egg whites, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, cream of tartar, and sugar in a medium mixing bowl until you have a stiff meringue.
- Spread over the hot filling.
- Sprinkle the remaining coconut over top of the meringue.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 12 to 15 minutes. Cool.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Instead of topping with meringue and baking, you may use whipped cream or cool whip and omit baking.
- I use refrigerated pie crust you buy at grocery store.
Key Lime Pie
Key lime pie is so easy and yummy. No baking or squeezing the key limes. Just as easy to make two pies.
- 1-14 ounce cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup key lime juice or 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1-8 ounce container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1-6 ounce graham cracker pie crusts
- Lime zest, optional
- Using an electric mixer, beat the sweetened condensed milk and lime juice in a large bowl on medium speed until smooth and thickened.
- Fold whipped topping into the milk and lime juice mixture.
- Place the key lime pie mixture into pie crust.
- Cover and refrigerate about 1 hour or until set.
- May garnish with grated lime peel or whipped topping.
- Also good with chocolate crumb pie shell.
Scrumptious Display For Your Pie!
Yes, this is a quiche dish! I love baking my pies in a fluted dish, it makes a stunning display for your pie! Give it a try and get ready for comments for how scrumptious it looks!
No-Bake Millionaire Pie
This pie tastes like a million bucks! Millionaire no-bake pie is scrumptious and so very easy.
You do have to wait three hours for chilling time before you cut yourself a big slice to try. Enjoy!
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice, I use bottled
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1- 14 ounce sweetened condensed milk, not evaporated milk
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping
- 1- 6 ounce prepared graham cracker crust
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl, except whipped topping and graham cracker crust; mix well.
- Fold in the whipped topping
- Pour into the crust
- Cover; chill three hours.
Chocolate Cream Pie
Chocolate cream pie is so yummy and creamy. It is easy to make and everyone will be asking for another slice!
- 1 2/3 cups water
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons cocoa
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1-9 inch baked pastry shells
- Mix the cornstarch, water, and cocoa until smooth.
- Stir into the cocoa mixture; sweetened condensed milk and the egg yolks.
- Cook in a saucepan or microwave until thick.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons butter.
- Add one teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Cool slightly; stirring occasionally.
- Pour into the cooled baked pie shell.
- Top with the meringue or whipped topping.
Cherry Cream Cheese Pie
This is an old recipe that I use often, it is easy to assemble an elegantly delicious.
I am making two of these for my dessert to take for noon on Christmas Eve, that is when our family gets together. One would be inhaled, so I will make two!
- 1-8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1-14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (I used bottled)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-21-ounce can of cherry pie filling
- Get you a big bowl out, throw in the softened cream cheese, beat well, add sweetened condensed milk while beating with the electric mixer, mix well.
- Stir in the lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- Pour into the graham cracker crust; cover. Let chill in the fridge overnight or at least 4 hours. I make a day or so ahead of time.
- After 3 or 4 hours add the cherry pie filling on top of the chilled cream cheese filling.
Apple Red Hot Candy Pie
This delicious pie is also known as apple blush pie. I do not know when to stop eating another slice. Maybe it is because I also love red hot candy! Give it a try, I know you will like it!
- 1 can of apples or 6 cups fresh peeled, sliced apples
- 1-8 ounce can crushed pineapple (small can)
- 4 tablespoons red hot cinnamon candy
- ½ cup sugar (canned apples) ¾ cups sugar for fresh apples
- ¼ cup flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 box refrigerated pie crust (2 pie crust)
- Line a pie plate with one of the pie crust.
- In a medium size bowl mix the apples, flour, cinnamon, and sugar, toss until all the apples are covered
- Cover the bottom of unbaked pie crust with apples.
- Add a can of pineapple.
- Dot the butter over top of pie.
- Using the other pie crust, cover the top of the pie.
- Cut slits in the top of the crust.
- I like to put a sprinkle of sugar on my top crust!
- Bake at 325 degree Fahrenheit until brown and red color bubbles appear on top of the pie.
No-Roll Pie Crust
Most of you know that I am lousy at making pie crust, I usually buy the refrigerated ones.
This is a good pie crust if you need one and do not want to go to the store.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup Canola oil
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Add the flour, sugar, and salt in the bowl; mix.
- Add the oil and milk in a bowl; whip with a fork.
- Add the oil and milk mixture all at once to the flour mixture; mix well until forms a ball.
- Add the dough to pie plate, press evenly with fingers.
- Fill with a filling to bake or bake the crust and fill with cooked filling.
- To the bake crust by itself; prick it all over with a fork.
- Bake at 375 degree Fahrenheit for 10 or 12 minutes until light brown.
Old-Fashioned Coconut Chess Pie
This Southern coconut chess pie is an old favorite. It's filled with coconut and has a tangy flavor made by the buttermilk, it is thick and creamy and very sweet.
A cup of coffee is a perfect mate to this delicious pie. It is easy to make and may be frozen.
Make your own crust or buy the refrigerated pie crust.
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ cup butter or margarine softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or lemon extract
- 1 cup coconut
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1-9-inch unbaked pie crust
- Preheat oven to 325 degree Fahrenheit.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Pour the mixture into an unbaked pie crust.
- Bake for one hour.
Buttermilk pie is a favorite of many folks. This old fashioned southern pie is easy to make and delicious with its tangy custard. The pie may be eaten warm or chilled.
- 3 eggs
- 2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ½ cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or lemon extract
- 1-9-inch unbaked pie crust
- Cream the butter and sugar; add the flour and eggs. Beat well.
- Stir in the buttermilk and flavoring.
- Pour into an unbaked pie crust.
- Bake at 350 degree Fahrenheit for 45 to 50 minutes.
Deliciously Easy Cherry Pie
I have cooked a long time but I have never made a cherry pie.
I stumbled on a great secret for a delicious cherry pie! It is quick and easy and makes a delicious dessert in no time!
- 2 cans cherry pie filling, most are around 20 ounces
- 1 box refrigerated pie crust (should have the two crust)
- Sugar, sprinkle on top
- Apple Pie Filling is delicious too!
- I actually baked mine in a glass tart dish, it was beautiful!
- If you do not have a tart dish just use a 9-inch pie pan or dish.
- Line the pan with one crust.
- Tops the crust with two cans of cherry pie filling.
- Top with the second pie crust or you may cut in strips and criss-cross the
crust on top.
- I then give it a light sprinkling of granulated sugar.
- Bake pie according to directions on the cherry pie filling can.
How to Make Easy Pumpkin Pie
Microwave Peach Crumb Topped Pie
Are you looking for a way to use all those extra fresh peaches? Try this delicious Microwave Peach Crumb Topped Pie!
- 4 cups fresh peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 9-inch pie shell, baked
Ingredients and Instructions Topping
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
Directions for making topping:
- Combine topping ingredients with a fork.
- Combine the peaches, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, and the cinnamon.
- Place the peach mixture in the baked shell, cover with wax paper, and microwave on high for about 5 minutes.
- Turn the pie halfway through the cooking.
- Sprinkle with the crumb topping and microwave on high for 4 to 5 minutes or until the topping set.
- Let stand until cool.
Homemade Fried Pies The Easy Way
I love fried pies, but I am all for the easy way to do things, so I buy the canned pie filling!
If you have your own recipes by all mean use them if you like. I have included a pastry recipe, but I like to use the refrigerated pie crust, you know the kind you buy, yes the easy way!
- Canned pie filling or homemade
- Oil for frying
Pastry for Fried Pies:
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 tablespoons water
- ¾ teaspoon vinegar
- Combine in a bowl the flour and salt; cut in the shortening until a coarse mixture.
- Mix the egg and water; sprinkle over the flour mixture. Add the vinegar and lightly stir until it forms a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap; chill.
- To cut the pie pastry, use a saucer, the perfect size, add a couple of heaping spoonful of pie filling on one-half of pastry circle.Fold pastry over and seal with a fork.
- Heat 1 to 1 1/2-inches of the oil to medium hot.
- Fry pies until golden on both sides.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Makes about 1 ½ dozen pies.
Easy as Pie, Which do You Choose!
What is your favorite Pie!
© 2016 Margie Lynn