Easy Bundt Cake Recipe
Holiday Bundt Cake
I am passionate about all desserts, and bundt cake is one of my all-time favorites. I've baked this cake a few times already this year—and I never get tired of it. Bundt cakes are an old-fashioned Southern cake, but I don't think it has never gone out of style. One of the best features of this cake is the baking pan design. The ridged pan transforms the cake into a work of art!
Most bundt cakes tend to be dense, so I decided to make a glaze that would help soften and moisten the cake. This time I made a butter bundt cake, which is perfect for the holiday season. I'm going to bake this one again for Christmas Eve.
The best thing about this cake is that it is super easy to make. However, if you want the cake to have a different flavor, you can add food flavorings such as lemon, chocolate, pumpkin, or even maple syrup.
This cake is delicious by itself or with a cup of coffee or tea. So what are you waiting for? Grab your fanciest bundt pan and start baking!
Ingredients for the Cake
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup Greek plain yogurt (I used non-fat)
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 eggs, room temperature
Ingredients for the Glaze
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 10-inch bundt pan with a nonstick baking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the sugar and butter with a hand mixer until it's smooth.
- Add the eggs one at a time. Continue creaming while adding the yogurt, milk, and vanilla.
- Combine the flour mixture into the wet mixture. Continue mixing until it's all well-combined.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared pan. Smooth the top with the back of a spatula.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until the cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool completely before removing the cake onto a cooling rack.
- Preparing the glaze: In a saucepan, combine the dark brown sugar, butter, and heavy cream. Let it boiled until it forms a thick glaze. Let it cool.
- Pour the glaze directly onto the bundt cake.
- Slice the cake and enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea.
© 2018 Liza