Easy Cherry Cheesecake Pie Recipe
Simple and Delicious!
Rate This Recipe!
A Simple Cheesecake Recipe
We have the kids cook on Mondays, as part of a way to increase their knowledge of basic cooking techniques and as a way to develop confidence and independence with food choices. Cooking also helps children refine math skills (understanding that 1/3 cup is less than 1/2 cup, for example) and increases fine motor skills: twisting a can opener, whisking ingredients together, and spreading pie filling all help develop muscles in the hands, which are required for writing and other detailed work.
This cheesecake recipe requires no baking, and is simple enough that my four year old can make it with limited assistance. This recipe includes lemon juice, which adds vitamin C, and has a fruit topping. It is definitely a dessert with a high sugar content, but the addition of the citrus, dairy, and fruit topping add nutritional value to this fun recipe.
- 1 9" Graham Cracker Pie Crust
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese
- 14 oz. Sweetened Condensed Milk, (1 can)
- 1/3 cup Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 can Cherry Pie Filling, (approximately 21 oz.)
Easy Cherry Cheesecake Preparation PhotosClick thumbnail to view full-size
No Bake Cherry Cheesecake Preparation
- Place the cream cheese, vanilla, sweetened condensed milk, and lemon juice into a large mixing bowl.
- Thoroughly combine the ingredients with an electric mixer until no lumps remain.
- Pour the filling into the graham cracker crust. Cover and refrigerate until the pie filling has set (approximately 1/2 hour).
- Pour the can of cherry pie filling on top of the chilled pie filling. Store refrigerated.
- This cheesecake recipe may be altered in the following ways: (1) low fat cream cheese may be substituted in place of the full-fat version. (2) Lime juice may be substituted for the lemon juice. (3) Other fruits, such as strawberries or raspberries, may be used in place of the cherries.
More by this Author
How to make homemade gummy candies with real fruit juice: this recipe is simple, and only requires three ingredients. Make your own homemade gummies in half an hour!
Three recipes for gummy worms: the first two recipes are all natural and are great for families following the Feingold diet. The last recipe contains artificial dyes and colors, but is made with fruit juice rather than...
Candy Apple Jelly is a simple apple jelly recipe, which uses only four ingredients. The jelly tastes like baked apples, and makes a wonderful Christmas or Thanksgiving gift!