Baking is one of my favorite pastimes. I enjoy baking cookies, cakes, breads, pies, muffins, cupcakes, and much more.
It had been a while since I had made peanut butter cookies, but since the holidays are approaching, I've been in the mood for baking. Yesterday, I decided to bake chewy peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. My husband loves these cookies, and I knew he would be very happy to see them in the jar.
This time, I decided to reduce the amount of granulated sugar called for in the original recipe because I added semi-sweet chocolate chips into the mixture. However, you're welcome to use the regular amount of granulated sugar, or you could choose to replace it entirely. If you'd like to replace it, you could substitute more dark brown sugar.
I also found that adding dark or light corn syrup will make the cookies taste even better. If you'd like to use another liquid sweetener in place of corn syrup, possible substitutes include agave nectar, malt syrup, maple syrup, molasses, or golden syrup. Let just say you can use whatever you have in the pantry.
In terms of the peanut butter, I prefer to use the creamy kind in order to get a smoother texture in my cookies. If you prefer the chunky kind, I'm pretty sure that that would work well, too. Also, if you like a richer, more peanut-y taste, you can add more peanut butter to the mixture.
These cookies are super easy to make. Since my husband loves cookies that are chewy and soft, I don't let them bake for too long. In my oven, 14 minutes is the perfect length of time to make these cookies extra soft and chewy.
I hope you and your family will enjoy these cookies as much as we do!
Read More From Delishably
Let's see the full ingredients.
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 50 to 60 minutes (including the baking time)
Serves: 20 to 26 cookies (depends on the size you make)
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons dark or light corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or grease a baking sheet).
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and salt. Give a quick mix with a whisker. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the butter, peanut butter, dark brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla, and eggs. Use a hand mixer to beat the ingredients until they are well combined.
- Add the dark corn syrup and continue mixing for a few seconds.
- Gradually add the flour mixture into the wet mixture. Continue mixing at a lower speed, but do not over-mix.
- Add the chocolate chips into the mixture. Use a spatula to incorporate the ingredients.
- Use an ice-cream scoop or a spoon to drop the cookies onto the pan.
- For chewy cookies, bake for 14 minutes.
- Transfer the cookies onto a wire rack and let them cool completely before putting in a jar.
© 2018 Liza