Taylor loves to come up with quick and easy recipes that are good and good for you.
Why You Should Eat Chia Seeds
Although they are tiny, chia seeds are packed with nutrition and healthy fats that keep your body healthy. These seeds contain omega 3 fatty acids, iron, fiber, calcium, protein, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, and zinc. However, since chia seeds need to be added to other foods, or soaked before consuming, people often struggle with how to incorporate them into their diet. Chia seed pudding is an easy way to do it. This recipe includes only three ingredients and only takes a few minutes to prep.
Read More From Delishably
- 1 cup milk of your choice (almond, coconut, soy, etc.)
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen fruit (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, etc.)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
Choosing Your Ingredients
One of the best things about this recipe is how versatile it can be. You can use whatever milk or fruit you want and customize the recipe based on dietary or personal preferences. For fruit, I prefer to use frozen as it lasts much longer than fresh, is often more economical and it easily thaws in the refrigerator as the chia seeds soak. However, if you have fresh fruit on hand, you can use that as well.
Optional ingredients include natural sweeteners, including stevia, agave nectar or honey. You can use these sweeteners to sweeten the pudding to your liking. You may also use cinnamon to give the pudding a nice, spicy kick.
- Measure 1 cup of milk and pour it into a bowl.
- Pour the 1/2 cup of fruit in the bowl with the milk. Stir the milk and the fruit.
- Measure 1/4 cup of chia seeds. Pour the chia seeds into the bowl with the milk and fruit. Stir the three ingredients until they are evenly distributed.
- Chill the pudding for a minimum of 3 hours. This allows the chia seeds to soak up the milk and become edible. The pudding can remain in the refrigerator overnight as long as the bowl is properly covered.
- After chilling the pudding, stir the product so that the pudding is evenly distributed. You may also add the optional sweeteners at this point.
- Once you have given the pudding a final stir, you are all set to enjoy a healthy, nutrient-packed dish!
The Chia Seeds I Use
What are some of your favorite ways to incorporate chia seeds into your diet? Which fruits are your favorites to mix into your pudding? I would love to hear how you enjoy these seeds!