A Recipe for Easy, Chocolatey, Custard-Based Dessert
Do You Love Chocolate and Coffee?
Are you a chocolate lover? Coffee lover? I know I am. You are too? Then this is your kind of dessert. Be it to satisfy your cravings or some guests, this is one heck of an easy dessert to make. Want to impress someone with something delicious and impressive but also easy to make? Do I need to say it again? This dessert satisfies all! So, without further ado, let's start cooking!
- 1 and a 1/2 cups slightly sweet biscuits, chopped
- 4 cups vanilla custard
- 2 tsp instant coffee
- 4 1/2 tbsp sugar, or according to your taste
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder, unsweetened
- Make vanilla custard according to the instructions of the box/packet, but when adding the custard powder into the milk, do so in a separate container and then add the cocoa powder and coffee along with it.
- In a flat dish (I used an oval 2.5"-deep and 11.5"-long dish), lay down your chopped biscuits.
- Pour in the hot custard into the prepared dish with the biscuits. Let it cool. You can garnish this dish with some cream and shredded chocolate or chopped strawberries for serving.
What to Do If You Don't Have Any Custard
It's best to use vanilla custard for this recipe. You can use chocolate custard if you prefer that. But if you don't have either of those, do this:
- Boil 4 cups of milk.
- Mix 4 tbsp of corn flour in 1/2 a cup of milk along with coffee and cocoa powder.
- Add the mixture into the boiled milk and let it cook until it thickens up into a custard.