Easy, Chocolatey, Custard-Based Dessert
Are you a chocolate lover? Coffee lover? I know I am. You are too? Then this your kind of dessert. Be it to satisfy your cravings or some guests, this is one heck of an easy dessert. Want to impress someone with something delicious and impressive, but really easy? Do I need to say it again? This dessert satisfies all!
So without further ado, let's start cooking!
- 1 and a 1/2 cup Slightly sweet Biscuits, chopped
- 4 cups Vanilla Custard
- 2 tsp Instant Coffee
- 4 and a 1/2 tbsp Sugar, or according to your taste
- 4 tbsp Cocoa Powder, unsweetened
- Make vanilla custard according to the instructions of the box/packet, but when adding the custard powder in milk in a separate container add the cocoa powder and coffee along with it.
- In a flat dish, (I used an oval 2.5" deep and 11.5" long dish) lay down your chopped biscuits.
- Pour in the hot custard into the prepared dish with biscuits. Let it cool. Can garnish with some cream and shredded chocolate, chopped strawberries and serve.
If You Don't Have Any Custard...
It's best to use vanilla custard for this recipe. You can use chocolate custard, if you prefer that. But if you don't have either of those, do this:
- Boil 4 cups of milk, mix 4 tbsp of corn flour in 1/2 cup of milk along with coffee and cocoa powder, add into the boiled milk, and let it cook until it thickens up into a custard.