Leona is a retired, professional cake/cookie decorator who now enjoys writing and creating new recipes.
Tangy and Tasty Lemon Curd Bars
Heavenly Smooth Taste With a Slight Tang
This week, I was surprised to receive a coupon for free 8-oz. container of Ellenos Real Greek Yogurt. I had not ever tried this brand of greek yogurt before and was happy to do so for free. The store had a selection of flavors to choose from, and I chose lemon curd. I was not disappointed. When I took my first bite of this product, my mouth exploded with creamy, heavenly lemon flavor! I was hooked! I loved this stuff! I even felt like licking the empty container, it was so good!
A few days later, I couldn't get the taste out of my mind, and I began thinking I could use the yogurt to make lemon bars. So off to the store I went. I picked up the ingredients you see listed in this article, and walah! Quick and easy lemon curd bars were born!
Read More From Delishably
The idea for the filling is my own, however, the crust recipe I found online at Sugar Spun Run.
I hope you enjoy these easy, tasty bars. Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts.
Ingredients (Filling and Crust)
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 7 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 8 ounces Ellenos Lemon Curd Real Greek Yogurt
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces Cool Whip, not frozen
- 1 fresh lemon
- Crust: Mix together graham cracker crumbs, sugars and softened butter. Press into a 13x9 pan sprayed with non-stick spray (Pam or similar). Bake at 375 for 5-7 minutes. Watch closely so crust doesn't burn. Allow to cool completely before adding filling.
- Filling: Beat softened cream cheese until smooth. Add greek yogurt and beat together until smooth. Juice fresh lemon and add 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice to mixture. Mix. Fold in Cool Whip. Stir well. Add to cooled crust. Add zest from the fresh lemon to the top. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Cut into squares. Can be frozen. Eat and nnjoy!
© 2019 Leona J Atkinson