Leona J. Atkinson is a retired professional cake/cookie decorator who now enjoys writing and creating desserts.
A Mouth-Watering, Refreshing Dessert
Key lime lovers, this dessert is for you! It's a quick and easy cheesecake that not only looks good but tastes absolutely delicious. It's a great choice for any occasion for which you'd like to serve a refreshing dessert that will bring rave compliments.
I recently created this dessert as a birthday gift for my granddaughter's boyfriend, who was turning 19. When I was planning his birthday supper, I asked what his favorite dessert was, and he replied key lime pie.
Okay... who says a birthday dessert has to be a cake? In this case, it is going to be a birthday pie... or maybe a birthday cheesecake!
Read More From Delishably
Now, I had never made or even tasted a key lime pie, so I wasn't quite sure how to go about creating his favorite dessert—but I was determined to try.
Having made some delicious lemon curd bars recently, I decided to adapt that recipe into a key lime cheesecake, and it worked! He loved the result, and I bet you will, too. Even though I've never been a lime lover, I am now hooked on the refreshing citrus taste of this easy, no-bake cheesecake.
- 10-inch graham cracker pie crust, ready-made (store-bought)
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz key lime yogurt
- 8 oz cool whip, unfrozen
- 2 key limes, squeezed and zested
- Juice and zest 2 fresh key limes. Set aside.
- Beat softened cream cheese until smooth. Add key lime yogurt and mix. Add 2 tablespoons of fresh key lime juice and mix. Add half of key lime zest (save the rest for garnish). Fold in cool whip. Mix ingredients well.
- Put mixture into the 10" graham cracker crust. Garnish top with remaining key lime zest. Refrigerate for 2 hours and serve (or freeze and serve later).
- I garnished the top of my birthday boy's key lime cheesecake with not only the zest but also a half slice of lime and some mini teddy grahams.
© 2019 Leona J Atkinson