Easy-to-Make Cinnamon Cake
- 2 tea cups of sugar
- 1 tea cup of water
- 1/2 tea cup of oil
- 3 tbs of cherry jam (or any other jam that you have)
- 2 tbs of cinnamon
- 1 tbs of baking powder
- 3 tea cups of flour
- 1 bar of chocolate
If you want to surprise your loved ones with something simple but tasty, then this cake is right for you. You only need eight ingredients to make it. It's simple, cheap, and satisfying!
I really enjoy making this cake because it is quick and doesn't take too much time or effort. It is a traditional recipe that has been in my family for generations, from when we had nothing to now. My grandmother said to me that this cake was something she came up with when she wanted something sweet to eat and didn't have anything for the ingredients except these eight things.
- In a bowl, put 2 cups of sugar and 1 cup of water. Mix them until the sugar is melted.
- Add just 1/2 cup of the oil, and then mix it again.
- Add 3 tbsp of cherry jam (or any other jam that you have), add 2 tbsp of cinnamon, and 1 tbsp of baking powder. Mix them together.
- After that, add 3 cups of flour, and mix it with a spoon. When the batter is all mixed together, bake it on 200ºC for 20 minutes. When it's done, it should look like the picture above.
When the cinnamon cake is baked, cover it with some jam for extra flavour. I prefer cherry jam because it gives the cake something special. You can also melt some chocolate and pour it over the cake—cherry and chocolate! If you do that, it should look something like the picture below.
I hope you like it! Enjoy my favourite, simple and tasty cake.
© 2017 Andrej Simikic