I love to bake and try out new recipes like this one. I love this recipe, and I think you will, too.
Have you ever gotten a cookie craving but were missing a few key ingredients? This happened to me. I'd run out of butter, so I went to Google and searched for a sugar cookie recipe that called for vegetable oil instead of butter. What popped up had a couple of more ingredients than I'd pictured, but luckily I did have everything on hand. I decided to give the recipe a try, and I loved it. What's amazing is that my husband loved it, too, and he is a picky eater. The cookies are soft in the middle and crispy on the edges. Perfect.
|Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
about 24 cookies
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Beat the eggs with a fork and then mix the remaining ingredients.
- Drop the batter by spoonfuls on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Use a fork to flatten the cookies.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Bake for about 8 minutes or until the cookies are slightly brown around the edges.
- Place them on a cookie rack to cool.