Easy Swedish Flop Cake Recipe
Swedish Flop Cake
Swedish flop cakes are sold in bakeries. Our grocery store has them in their bakery. This cake is very good. I have tried making flop cakes from scratch, and they usually flop. Here is an easier way to make this cake. I over-did it with the powdered sugar; you can use less than I did. The prep time in this recipe is for just the cake. It takes longer to get the filling and the topping ready. It also takes more time cutting the cake in half, moving the bottom half to the cake pan, adding the filling, putting the top half into the cake pan, and then adding the powdered sugar.
Once the cake is done be sure to cover and refrigerate.
Items You Will Need
- Cookie Sheet 16 x 11
- Oblong Cake Pan 8 x 12
- mixing bowls
- measuring spoons
- measuring cups
- Vegetable spray
Cook Time For Cake Only
Ingredients For The Cake
- 1 White Cake Mix
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup confectioner sugar (powdered sugar)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 cup of soft butter
Mix all ingredients together with a fork or knife until crumbly. The topping will go on the top half of your cake.
- Set egg whites aside for use in filling. Mix all ingredients together for about 3 minutes
- Spray a 16 x 11 cookie sheet very well because you will need to get this cake out in two pieces.
- Pour cake mixture into cookie sheet. Sprinkle with the topping on half of the cake mixture. Bake for 23 minutes at 350. Use a toothpick to make sure the cake is done.
- Cool cake completely. When cooled cut in half and remove bottom half and place in the 8 x 12 cake pan. Spread filling on top of the bottom half and spread around. Add the top half of the cake and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Refrigerate for one hour before eating.
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- Beat until stiff peaks form add sugar and beat a little longer until mixed. Set aside.
- 1/4 cup of dry vanilla pudding (right from the box)
- 1/4 cup of confectioners sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- In a mixer bowl, beat until stiff peaks form. Fold in with egg mixture.
- Place filling on bottom half of cooled cake. By the time filling is made, the bottom half of the cake has been placed in the cake pan, add the filling on top of that. Place top on the bottom half.
- 1/4 cup confectioner sugar to sprinkle on top of the cake when all steps are done.
Please Leave a Vote For My Cake
All Three Layers on Platter
If you don't want to put this cake in an oblong cake pan, you can just put it on the a large platter or plate and do all three layers the same way.
Questions & Answers
© 2012 moonlake