Everything but the Kitchen Sink Cookies
These cookies are my absolute favorite! They're similar to classic chocolate chip cookies, but with a twist that makes them "everything but the kitchen sink" cookies. The whole idea behind the name is that you can add in whatever sweets you can happen to have around your house. You throw in "everything but the kitchen sink." It all depends on your personal preference. So, follow the base of the recipe, but feel free to have fun with the extras!
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup M&M candies
- See below for more ideas!
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugars, vanilla, vegetable oil, and butter until creamy. (For best results use a handheld mixer or Kitchen Aid.)
- In a separate bowl, combine the baking powder, baking soda, salt, and flour.
- Gradually add these to your mix until well combined.
- Now, fold in the chocolate chips and any other add-ins you'd like to incorporate.
- Using a cookie scooper or a rounded tablespoon, place cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 7-9 minutes.
More Ideas for Add-Ins
- Nuts (any kind)
- Butterscotch chips (these are great when combined with white chocolate chips)
- Assorted candies (Reese's, Butterfinger, Nestle Crunch)
- Potato chips
- Shredded coconut
I hope you enjoyed this recipe! Leave pictures of how yours turned out down below or ask any questions in the comments. Happy baking!
© 2020 Alissa Rhyne