Molly Brose enjoys cooking for her, her family & friends, and loves using & sharing Young Living Essential Oils for health & wellness.
- 2 1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil, well chilled canola, olive, walnut, or etc.
- 4 T butter, unsalted
- 8 T water, cold
- 4-6 drops Young Living Orange Essential Oil
- 1 lb. rhubarb, fresh, peeled if necessary & sliced into bite sized 1/2
- 2 T xylitol, plus extra for dusting
- 2 T maple sugar
- 1 T cinnamon, ground, plus extra for dusting
Young Living Orange Essential Oil
While cooking breath in Young Living's Orange Essential Oil for a pick-me-up! Better yet put a drop or two in a glass of water for a boost!
- Prepare two pie crusts. Cut 2 T butter into five pieces and combine with the flour & oil, using the flat beater on stir speed in mixer bowl. Add 5 T water and 2-3 drops orange essential oil, mixing to hold together. Divide into two balls molding in your hands and refrigerate to chill each in plastic wrap for 15 minutes.
- Prepare rhubarb filling and preheat the oven with rack in middle to 375 degrees. Wash rhubarb with Young Living Essential Oils Fruit & Veggie Spray. Discard ends by cutting off. Place sliced rhubarb in mixer bowl used to prepare the crusts. Add 2 T xylitol, maple sugar, 1 t cinnamon, 2-3 drops orange essential oil, & 3 T water. Fold to combine with a spatula.
- Roll out chilled pie crust pastry balls each between two sheets of waxed paper. Remove first crust's top waxed paper sheet and flip over rolled out pie crust into pie plate. Remove remaining waxed paper sheet from bottom pie crust, tearing if necessary, and press crust into bottom & sides of pie plate. Add prepared rhubarb filling on top of bottom crust. Top with 2 T of butter, sliced scattering across filling top. Place top crust on pie using same method as first crust.
- Crimp to seal top crust and place small slices/design to vent pie. Dust top with cinnamon & xylitol (2 T cinnamon to 1 cup xylitol with ample cinnamon & xylitol leftover for other uses). Place pie crust shield on top of pie and bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes or until filling is bubbling. Cool on wire rack and serve warm as pie à la mode with vanilla ice cream or delicious as is. Refrigerate to store and warm to room temperature to serve.
© 2016 Molly Brose