Jaydawg808 writes interesting and innovative articles from a variety of topics and interests.
This recipe is for use with the Bella Mini Donut Maker that was received as a gift for my birthday. I finally decided to give it a try. I've read reviews on this donut maker which were positive and sometimes negative. I decided to try this for the first time and shed some light on how to get these donuts to be tasty! Please note that these donuts do not have any toppings or glazing on them. I wanted to test out how the machine performed as well as the recipe that I've altered. I will put together more recipes for different donuts and toppings a little later.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
21–30 Mini Donuts (may vary depending on batter)
The prep time is around 15 minutes or so to gather and to mix the ingredients. It is rather fast once you have all your items measured out and portioned. The cook time is 12 minutes. However, the actual cook time per batch is around 2 minutes. Results may vary depending on the amount of batter that is put into the molds. It also matters depending on how mixed the batter is.
- 1-Cup Flour
- 1/2-Cup Sugar
- 1-Tbsp Baking powder
- 2-Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Egg
- 1/2-Cup Skim Milk
- 1-Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4-Tbsp Canola Oil
- Before preparing the dough, use a brush or paper towel to wipe on cooking oil onto the molds. This will condition them. Plug in the machine to turn it on. Once the ready light (the green light) turns OFF, spray in a non-stick cooking spray onto the molds.
- Stir dry ingredients together in a bowl. Add in egg, vanilla, and milk and beat with a hand mixer or vigorously by hand.
- Add in the oil and continue to beat or mix vigorously until combined.
- Open the machine and using a scant tablespoon, spoon in the batter into the molds. Be careful not to overfill molds.
- Close the lid, and time for about 2 minutes. Check to see if donuts are cooked by checking to see if the color is brown or using a toothpick to see if it's clean.
- Take the donuts out using a non-metal object such as a plastic spoon or wooden spatula. Place on a cooling rack or paper towel to allow donuts to cool.
Read More From Delishably
Overall Review and Impression
The ingredients were easy to obtain, and because they're mini donuts, they don't require a lot of batter to start with. I added cinnamon to the recipe in addition to doubling the vanilla extract.
The cooking process was very easy. All you do is spoon in the batter into the molds. Very easy! I've been reading some reviews out there that the donuts burn too fast. This is true only if you don't watch the time. You have to be mindful that these are little donuts, and baking them is not an exact science as cooking time will vary from place to place and based on ingredients used. I can say that around 2-minutes will give you a nice golden brown color without making it black or overcooking the donut.
This donut tasted very good! It's healthier than a fried donut because it's not immersed in oil and frying in all that grease. It's light and airy, not heavy. The taste is excellent, and I could taste the cinnamon and vanilla in it. Not salty at all (as there is no salt). You could easily eat 10 of them at one time because they're so delicious (as well as bite-sized!). Highly recommended.
© 2013 jaydawg808